1. Is anyone in your family affected by FML besides you?
My sister who is 3 yrs younger, had only one so far on upper back, removed due to pain. Younger brother has several. Mother said my (deceased) dad had a few on chest area. Unknown if any other relatives have any.
2. How old were you when you got your first lipoma and did they proliferate fast?
Noticed my first one in late 30's just below ribcage. Had it removed during gastric bypass. Then a few yrs later started noticing more forming. I am now 52 and they just keep multiplying every year. No huge ones, range from rice sized to marble size. Most are painful if pressed on, 10% are the painless, rubbery lipomas and others are the painful ones I consider part of Dercum's Disease.
3. How many lipomas do you have right now? (And how old are you right now?)
I am 52, female, and now have hundreds. About 5-10 on lower arms, 10-20 on upper arms, 2-5 in breasts, 50 or so in ribcage/abdomen area, 30 or so in back, 5-10 in buttocks, 50 or more in each thigh, and now in past year or so noticed them now in knee to ankle area about 10-20. Most are so small (rice sized) and very painful especially in back and thighs.
4. Have you had any lipomas surgically removed? Were you happy with the result? Did the lipomas come back?
Over a year ago, had 4 removed from back by dermatologists. Was a painful experience and left scars. Have now noticed 1 or 2 returned and now have many more in back area.
5. Have you tried any other treatments for you lipomas? Were they effective, were you happy with the result?
None so far. Wanted to try the Noni Juice/Grape Seed Extract regiment, but I just could not stay with it long enough. May try again as some have had success with lumps decreasing in size and number. Regiment based on theory of it having flushing toxins from the body or something like that.
Also will add that I am overweight, which "hides" most of the lumps. Otherwise, if I had little body fat and still had these same lipomas, they would be more visible. I guess I am keeping a layer of fat to help hide them unfortunately