Tune in. Never miss
an important update!
Your Name
Your Email
Lipoma Board

In Search of Best Lipoma Treatment And Cure

What is Lipoma Board? A forum and community offering information, alternative treatments, resources and support concerning lipomas, lipomatosis and other related conditions. Surgery shouldn't be the only option! Lipomas are fatty tumors under the skin. Read more >>

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Triphala

ANY YOUNGER PEOPLE WITH MULTIPLE LIPOMAS?
PostPosted: 1/4/17 Wednesday, 12:04 am 

Number of lipomas: 11-30
Hello everyone and Happy New Year. Recently I've been in one of my "lipoma anxiety moods" where I sulk for weeks at a time, then snap out of it. The anxiety is real, and not knowing ANYTHING about this disorder, or where they will grow, or how many you'll have is even more terrifying. I almost feel like it's something out of The Twilight Zone (one of my favorite shows on a side note :P)

I notice a lot of people "middle aged" (over 45) talking a lot about their lipomas, but are there any younger people who have experiences with this? Not to say that I don't enjoy talking to everyone because I deeply appreciate the support we all give each other, but sometimes It's nice to have someone your age and at the same stage of life to relate to:) I'm a male and 32, and I'd like to talk to someone else 25-35 age group who deals with this too. As far as I know, no one my age near me that I know of deals with this. Any other guys in my age range? How has this affected your relationships? Your intimate life? Social life? etc. Anyways, feel free to personally message me and I'm also on Facebook :) If there's no treatment or cure, we mind as well make all the friends we can

Profile Send private message  

Re: ANY YOUNGER PEOPLE WITH MULTIPLE LIPOMAS?
PostPosted: 1/4/17 Wednesday, 1:33 pm 

Number of lipomas: 61-100
Know all about the lipoma anxiety moods - have them myself. funny they only really started last summer. I am 36 and have had lipomas for years. They never really bothered me before but now i find myself thinking about them alot.

I think it is because i have a couple on my forearm that i am more self conscious about - i really dont like wearing t shirts anymore. Anyway i intend to get these ones removed soon.

It hasnt really effected my personal life in anyway, and i am married now and stuff so less worried about that side of things. The think is, i know people say it is quite uncommon, but i have noticed a fair few people who suffer from this problem. Probably because my eye is trained to identify any bumps!!

PostPosted: 1/5/17 Thursday, 9:30 am 
Junior

I am 24 and I got my first lipoma when I was like 18. They first formed on My upper leg. I really didn't care art that point. But Then, Maybe a year later I started getting them on My forearm and lower back. Not sure why but I was always healthy, I played sports and exercised everyday. The only thing that I think that could have triggered them was when I tore my acl. Maybe the injury caused it or maybe like what I have read on this site it is some form of fungis. Maybe during surgery it could have cause Idk. Its really stressful and I'm always thinking about them, I can't even lift weights without seeing them which causes me not to even want to lift anymore. Hopefully someone finds a cure.

PostPosted: 1/5/17 Thursday, 5:31 pm 
Lipoma Guru

Hey Spenny1984, welcome to the board!

I'm close to 40 but I feel that I can reply to the thread since I developed my first lipomas in my teens (ca. 16 to 17 yo). And I know that the age spread on this board is huge. Lipomas don't see the age although many medical writings say that they should be the problem of the elderly. We know here it's not so.

I think they write so because many elderly people have more and bigger lipomas than the young ones but often times the first lipomas grow already in your teens. That is not to say that lipomas wouldn't have been found from newborns as well.

I've replied to similar threads through out the years. Yes, I live in a relationship. I've been with the same lady for over 8 years now. Did I feel before her I would never find anyone? Yes, definitely. IS she bothered about my lipomas? Not so much because she knows I'm doing something on it. I have the supplements and I'm continuosly researching, awaiting and I have you guys! But I'm sure she'll love even with my lipomas.

If you do a search I'm sure you'll find at least some of the old threads. But all I really want to say is that we as a lipoma sufferers are SO MUCH more aware of our condition than the people around us... They couldn't care too much less about your bumps and scars or whatever. They care more about you as a person.

Of course that doesn't mean we should stop researching and finding a cure for our condition! But most of the time the biggest problem is our own mind. We should focus on what is important, how to slow down the appearence of new lipomas, how to separate the nonsense treatments from the real ones, how to help each other by sharing information, etc.

Hi I'm Matt - the creator and owner of this site. I have dozens of small nasty lipomas all over. I've tried many treatments including surgery and Lipostabil injections. See my lipoma prevention supplement recommendations and please consider donating a small amount via PayPal (click the Donate button) to keep this site up and running. Thx!

PostPosted: 1/12/17 Thursday, 5:03 am 

I'm 32 live in the USA and married. I got my first one when I was 14 years old on my lower stomach region. By the time I was 16 I had 10 or so on my stomach and chest. I also had a couple on my back and inner biceps. I was always into sports and in very good shape. Lifting weights being my ultimate passion. I have a twin bother who has them as well, but not as many. His extreme diet and extreme running has seemed to slow the process. I've let myself go the last few years and the rate I get them at is about the same. I'm not aware of anyone else in the family with any. I currently have 60 give or take, near impossible to count. Most mine are fairly small. I develop about 2-4 a year. Since 28 I started getting them on my thighs.

I played American College football and never took my shirt off around anyone because you would see bumps all over. With my shirt on everyone wanted to be me, but with it off I doubt they would. I have read on here others will have times where they think about them more and times where they don't. I do this. I have episodes that last around 1-2 months where I'm very angry/aware about them and think about them all the time. Then I have several months were they don't phase me at all.

I'm fairly certain that testosterone and estrogen play a roll in creating them. I strongly believe diet and how our bodies process chemicals plays a major roll as well. I'm even more certain that stress/anxiety also facilitates in the growth of them. Why do I believe this? Well from my experiences of course and based on the other post I have read. I started developing mine shortly after puberty and around the same time I started weight lifting. During this time I was also going through a very stressful event, life changing event.

When I eat certain foods my lipomas TINGLE, these foods are normally greasy and high in fat. Pizza is 100% going to start making my lipomas tingle. It is a very odd experience and I'm not sure I have ever seen anyone referenced this happening to them.

I know it's not as rare as they say it is. I see people with them often. I'm even more curious if they're aware of them and would ask, but I hate when people point out mine. I believe people who work out are more likely to hate them than someone who simply does not care and let's themselves go. That's why most the people on here are people who workout. They care more about their image so they are more likely to find it to be a problem. They are also more likely to seek a cure. I wanted mine gone from day 1 and still badly want them gone, but surgery just doesn't seem like a reasonable method considering that I always get more.

The best cure I have so far is just to accept them and love yourself. I'm going to start working out here again. After I have established that I plan on trying some rather extreme diets to see if it helps. Fasting is on the top of my list.

PostPosted: 3/5/17 Sunday, 3:14 pm 
Master Member

I'm 29. I got my first on the back of my neck since early childhood (according to my mom, I don't even remember when it appeared). At about 12 I discovered one on my trunk, and from 19-20 I started getting more and more. I probably have over 100, I don't care to count them anymore. I took out 2 most prominent ones around 8 years ago via surgery, then one more year ago, and couple of months ago I cut out 25. I figured scars are better than these lumps although I'm not really sure how much these scars will fade. It's not a permanent solution of course as you all know, i'll have to go through regular surgery to keep cutting the most prominent ones.

Everything people in previous posts pointed out is the case with me as well when it comes to mental state. I hate this condition and I hate even more the fact that despite my clean diet and consistent training there seems to be nothing I can do. I've tried many things, ketogenic diet, water fasting, cutting out certain food groups, vitamins, supplements, fake products - nothing helped. Many of us would do anything and go through extreme lifestyle changes just to get rid of these lumps but so far it doesn't seem to matter. One could probably make it worse by eating extremely poorly but for me this is bad enough already. Also according to some information out there, as you get older, more lipomas will appear and faster too. All of this really demoralizes me, I just love working out too much to stop, otherwise I thought about giving it up because of lipomas countless times.

Regarding relationship I've been in one for the past 6 years. My girlfriend doesn't seem to care and previous girls I've been with too. But I imagine the worse it gets, the more they'd care; maybe not and it's all in my head but it's been bothering me personally for so many years and it's not getting any better.

Sorry if this all sounds negative but I figured if you wanted us to share how we feel about them, this is how I feel.