Tune in. Never miss
an important update!
Your Name
Your Email
Lipoma Board

An Ongoing Search For Lipoma Treatment And Lipoma Cure

What is Lipoma Board? A forum and community offering information, alternative treatments, resources and support concerning lipomas, lipomatosis and other related conditions. Surgery shouldn't be the only option! Lipomas are fatty tumors under the skin. Read more >>

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Triphala

Print view | E-mail friend

Chinese Herbs
PostPosted: 12/18/11 Sunday, 11:39 pm 
Hi all, I'm new to posting on this site, but not new to the site itself. I actually have been watching it and read darn near every post on here. I really was hoping that post above by Darrell was gonna be the vehicle that moved this problem along with great success, but I've given up hope that that whole thread was much more than stringing folks along. If I'm wrong, I apologize Darrell, but there was a lot of hopes that are not much more than another empty street from what I see.

Anyway, I have interest in the subject because I believe I have some Lipomas myself. I don't have em like a lot of folks where there bumps all over their body and protruding from the skin. No, never had that many or that severity of it. I have a couple on either side of my L5 area of the spine. I have had some low back pain for sometime now. Some mild ddd, pars defect, and very slight spinal stenosis in the area. That's unrelated to this site but it plays into it. You see, I began a few years ago with trigger point therapy, more or less using a ball to work knots out of muscles for my own ailments. I had thought for the last couple of years that my low back knobby's were trigger points that just wouldn't really unwind. So I mashed on em and mashed on em with the ball trying to get low back pain relief.

It did help some, but the trigger points never went away. I was in P/T and the therapist said man you got some wicked trigger points here that aren't breaking down. I thought that's what they were for the longest time. Well, finally one day a couple months ago, I asked my chiropractor, about them and he said, those aren't trigger points, those are Lipomas, a fatty type tumor.
Okay, so I got on the www and was trying to find info on them, and if there was any correlation to the L5 hemangioma that has come up on my MRI's over the years but never any mention of Lipomas. Well my hemangioma is I believe the "Stork bite" type, it's not raised or bubbly on the skin, it's just a pink cow kiss on the smack middle of my spine L5 area. I don't think there is any relationship between it and the Lipomas. I was born with the hemangioma.

I do think these Lipomas are genetics though, hereditary, whatever, just my thought. Never really felt them before but maybe the last couple years. Coincidentally, I'm almost 41.
My diet, well just got my physical stuff back and everything is pretty well normal, you name it, cholesterol, metals, vitamins, blablabla, all pretty well normal. I don't eat a lot of junk food. Salads regularly, moderate chicken, occasional red meat. I excercise, although low back pain has put a serious clamp down on that. I'm 5'8" at 160lbs so over weight is not it either.
Alcohol, I have a few glasses of white wine on my nights off. I see no correlation between what I do or don't do and what other folks here do or don't do and whether we get these things.

So, it's got me thinking, Lipomas, I remember our vet in Florida, she told us one of our dogs had some fatty growths. This lady was big time into eastern medicine, accupuncture, chinese herbs, etc. She used these things on our dog and it did help. In fact when we moved to Texas, my wife called her up because our other dog was getting em, so she was giving this dog chinese herbs too.
So it got me thinking, I don't see any for sure cures out there, and I'm not trying to sell anybody anything but I haven't seen on this website anybody that has done full blown treatments on chinese herbs with results. Yea I saw the posts where some folks took some of the herbs from an article and tried them but didn't see where anybody has a full blown regiment of herbs and tried em. I think they mention skin tags also, I'vehad those

Report this post

Re: Chinese Herbs
PostPosted: 12/19/11 Monday, 12:15 am 
continuation. Anyway, I've had skin tags around my nostrils over the years and even had one removed by a dermatolagist for too much money.
Supposedly the herbs I bought, are for those too, who knows, guess we'll see.

I take pictures, but all your gonna see is a pink cow kiss on my L5 spine because the Lipomas I have are under the skin, you can't see em. It's hard to tell where one ends and another begins or maybe it's just one on each side of my spine. Feels like rubber to me. The herbs I am buying are from the folks over at peoplehealer.com they also have a pet section on their website. Again, not trying to sell anything here because I don't know for sure if it will work. I am considering asking my doctor to refer me out to a specialtist to a biopsy and tell me more about these things to make sure they aren't malignant. What kind of doctor do you go to for these things? Biopsy, ultrasound then well, don't know, I don't know if removing em is the answer since it seems like they can come right back, which leads me back to the issue of our immune system or something that fires these things off. Don't want to treat the effect, I wan't the cause fixed.

By the way, I'm pretty determined. I spent 3 years with plantar fascitis, which almost crippled me, several steroid injections and borderline surgery, but I refused. Found out it was my hamstrings that were tight and not just the calves that P/T wanted to stretch.
Also got a good grasp on my allergy's with many years of taking allegra, singulair, and flonaise, still getting sinus infections every month. I was fed up, and found nasal irrigation, now I don't take allegra or flonaise anymore.

I'm working on something for asthma and now these lipomas, hopefully the herbs will get to the root of it.
Russ
Russ

Report this post

PostPosted: 12/20/11 Tuesday, 5:31 am 
Regular

Number of lipomas: 61-100
Russ, I had limpomas removed by a cosmetic surgeon.
He had them biopsied.

You might interview a few cosmetic surgeons about lipoma removal.
You've read the threads, so you may have seen the one on choosing a surgeon.

Yes, I got my hopes up too about Darryl's cure. I haven't heard from him.

If he does have a suppliment that can cure lipomas, I would imagine he wants to patent it.
If he tested it on volunteers and told them the ingredients, he'd lose the secret to it.

You will find that we on this board will try cures, that many people have tried them but haven't found one.

If you look at videos of lipoma removal at YouTube, you will wonder how anyone would say they can "melt" them
or get them to dissappear.

If you have them near your spine - well, thats bad. There was another poster on this board who had lipomas around his spinal cord and he had some serious problems with that.

It sounds like yours may not be anything, but you should get a biopsy to find out.

Report this post
 Profile Send private message  

PostPosted: 12/20/11 Tuesday, 2:57 pm 

You cannot patent natural products and supplements, neither in the states nor in the EU.

Report this post

PostPosted: 12/26/11 Monday, 9:02 pm 
Junior

Number of lipomas: 2-10
Seeing I made this thread before I knew how to be a member here, I guess I should update it, being a member now, ;)
I did see a General Surgeon last week on referral of my PCP. He seemed nice enough, showed him the areas, he felt em and basically said he thought they felt like Lipomas, no way to tell for sure if they are cancerous without removing em though. So he said it was up to me, if I wanted to remove them, leave em, or monitor them for size or pain.
I guess for now I'm gonna leave them, since my main concern is the l5 spinal stenosis pain that comes from that area anyway. If I end up having to have some kind of back surgery, then I'll investigate it more at that time as to their removal.

I did just start two days ago my chinese herbs, we'll see, I do have high hopes but I'm not gonna hold my breath. I'll give it a couple months and see if I notice any difference.

Report this post

PostPosted: 12/27/11 Tuesday, 8:31 am 
Master Member

Hi Russ, can you share which Chinese supplements you are currently testing and the amounts too.

Thanks! ;)

Matt has dozens of small nasty lipomas all over. Has tried many treatments including surgery and Lipostabil injections. Open to any bit of information. Matt's lipoma prevention supplements. Matt uses Emu oil for scars. Latest test with Triphala.

Report this post

PostPosted: 3/14/12 Wednesday, 1:00 am 
Junior

Number of lipomas: 2-10
matt wrote:
Hi Russ, can you share which Chinese supplements you are currently testing and the amounts too.

Thanks! ;)

Sure, happy to Matt,

Bai Zhi (Radix Angelicae Dahuricae)

Chen Pi (Pericarpium Citri Reticulatae)

Chi Shao (Radix Paeoniae Rubrae)

Dang Gui (Radicis Angelicae Sinensis)

Fang Feng (Radix Saposhnikoviae)

Gan Cao (Radix Glycyrrhizae)

Jin Yin Hua (Flos Lonicerae)

Kun Bu (Thallus Laminariae seu Eckloniae)

Mo Yao (Myrrha)

Ru Xiang (Gummi Olibanum)

Tong Cao (Medulla Tetrapanacis)
Xia Ku Cao (Spica Prunellae)

Zao Jiao (Fructus Gleditsiae)

Zao Jiao Ci (Spina Gleditsiae)

Zhe Bei Mu (Bulbus Fritillariae Thunbergii)

Basically a bottle is 100gms and either powdered or you can get it capsulated. Depending on the individuals weight, you take roughly 5 gms a day.

http://www.peoplehealer.com/people-herb ... s.aspx#top

That's a link to the website, they have a ton of information on the ingredients, etc. They have a fb page as well, and I went through lots of posts on their fb page, and seen where it helped some folks, including their animals, since they get lipomas too, where it helped, and even an individual that posted it didn't help them. So no guarantees, but a lot of info on their page does make sense as to their existance.

Report this post

PostPosted: 5/1/12 Tuesday, 9:27 pm 
Master Member

Hi Russ,

I see the page you linked sells the H Factor Dissolve Formula.

Has this formula worked for you?

Matt has dozens of small nasty lipomas all over. Has tried many treatments including surgery and Lipostabil injections. Open to any bit of information. Matt's lipoma prevention supplements. Matt uses Emu oil for scars. Latest test with Triphala.

Report this post

PostPosted: 9/14/12 Friday, 11:59 am 
Junior

Russ,

Thanks for replying, I noticed its been a few months since you started with the Herbs and thanks for the link. Are you seeing any improvement?

Last bumped by Anonymous on Friday.

Report this post