Tune in. Never miss
an important update!
Your Name
Your Email
Lipoma Board

An Ongoing Search For Lipoma Treatment And Lipoma Cure

What is Lipoma Board? A forum and community offering information, alternative treatments, resources and support concerning lipomas, lipomatosis and other related conditions. Surgery shouldn't be the only option! Lipomas are fatty tumors under the skin. Read more >>

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Triphala

Print view | E-mail friend

Curcumin and Turmeric
PostPosted: 8/25/11 Thursday, 1:29 pm 
Master Member

Number of lipomas: 61-100
I've been reading some dog forums lately, and they sometimes reference to curcumin or turmeric to get rid of dog lipomas. Does anybody know anything about those. Apparently some Pakistani studies have shown that oil of turmeric, even at very low concentrations, inhibits many common problem fungi. They suggest using some commercial oil of turmeric and diluting it with water (one part oil to two parts water). It also happens again that also curcumin has high antifungal properties:

Curcumin was a more potent antifungal than fluconazole against P. brasiliensis, the causal agent of the neglected disease paracoccidioidomycosis. Curcumin dramatically inhibited the adhesion of Candida species isolated from AIDS patients to BEC, demonstrating that curcumin is a promising lead compound that warrants further investigation into its therapeutical use in immunocompromised patients. Source

Am I starting to see a pattern here, or have I just become blind?

One dog forumer said that she was told to give turmeric for lipomas 500 mg twice a day for a 60 lb dog. She also said that the highest recommended dosage is 120 mg/kg/day, or 55 mg/lb/day, to avoid toxicity.

Matt has dozens of small nasty lipomas all over. Has tried many treatments including surgery and Lipostabil injections. Open to any bit of information. Matt's lipoma prevention supplements. Matt uses Emu oil for scars. Latest test with Triphala.

Report this post
 Profile Send private message  

Re: Curcumin and Turmeric
PostPosted: 8/25/11 Thursday, 9:10 pm 

Number of lipomas: 31-60
i began to put curcuma in some of my dish but it didn't change anything.

Report this post

PostPosted: 8/26/11 Friday, 5:12 am 
Master Member

Ok, did you take it accordingly as the advise in the post above instructed? I think this solution sounds a bit too easy but maybe they could be combined with other methods to achieve the maximal antifungal experience? ;) I don't even know how and where they sell curcumin or turmeric? I have to check if Iherb provides them.

Matt has dozens of small nasty lipomas all over. Has tried many treatments including surgery and Lipostabil injections. Open to any bit of information. Matt's lipoma prevention supplements. Matt uses Emu oil for scars. Latest test with Triphala.

Report this post

PostPosted: 8/26/11 Friday, 6:01 pm 

Number of lipomas: 31-60
Well i still put turmeric in some of my recipes. The taste by the way isn't fantastic but hey it's good for the healt. I changed my alimentation gradually. Now i eat leguminous (not sure if that's the right word in english) lot more vegies, nuts. But i know it's good for my health but i remain to be convinced that is has any effect on my lipomas.

Report this post

PostPosted: 8/26/11 Friday, 10:03 pm 

Most of the stuff that grow below earth have outstanding properties. Take for example garlic that has been used in medicine for hundreds of years and has an enormous ammount of properties. But as most of the stuff out there you have to eat it RAW. If something cannot be eaten raw, the it was definetely not meant to be a part of the human diet. Take that very seriously in mind and i am not kidding about it... Thermal process of food especially at temperatures above the boiling point of water has a devastating effect to most of the nutrients contained in them. You can eat steamed rice or carrots and drink tea but thats about it... Those type of molecules are extremely vanurable to heat.

And one more thing, dairy products... I am not a vegeterian, but dairy products. Well we are the only mammal on the planet that is drinking milk after the first weeks of its birth and also they only mammal that is drinking another mammals milk!! I mean what about a cup of rat milk (a rat is a mammal). I mean theres gotta be something wrong with that. But don't listen to me read this letter http://www.notmilk.com/kradjian.html written from Dr. Kradjian and you find your answers.

How many of you eat lots or dairy products, drink milk and eat meat? I was basically raised in such an enviroment :D

Report this post

PostPosted: 8/27/11 Saturday, 12:10 am 

sjohn wrote:
Most of the stuff that grow below earth have outstanding properties. Take for example garlic that has been used in medicine for hundreds of years and has an enormous ammount of properties. But as most of the stuff out there you have to eat it RAW. If something cannot be eaten raw, the it was definetely not meant to be a part of the human diet. Take that very seriously in mind and i am not kidding about it... Thermal process of food especially at temperatures above the boiling point of water has a devastating effect to most of the nutrients contained in them. You can eat steamed rice or carrots and drink tea but thats about it... Those type of molecules are extremely vanurable to heat.

And one more thing, dairy products... I am not a vegeterian, but dairy products. Well we are the only mammal on the planet that is drinking milk after the first weeks of its birth and also they only mammal that is drinking another mammals milk!! I mean what about a cup of rat milk (a rat is a mammal). I mean theres gotta be something wrong with that. But don't listen to me read this letter http://www.notmilk.com/kradjian.html written from Dr. Kradjian and you find your answers.

How many of you eat lots or dairy products, drink milk and eat meat? I was basically raised in such an enviroment :D

Wow! I have felt the same way about milk myself. It is actually kind of disturbing that we drink another animals milk in my opinion. It is meant to take a calf a help turn it into a 400lb animal. I actually use the rat milk example often . I drank tons of whole milk growing up. I only drink almond milk now and try to stay away from anything made with milk

Report this post

PostPosted: 2/14/12 Tuesday, 12:49 pm 
Master Member

I have since learned that curcumin is poorly absorbed from the stomach. This is why some recommend that piperine should be taken alongside because 20mg of piperine increases the absortion by 2000%. Piperine inhibits the breakdown of curcumin in the intestine.

However, the effect lasts only about an hour and the absorbtion into fat tissue is thus minimal.

Even if you take 2-12 grams at a time the plasma shows little or no evidence of curcumin.

This might explain why curcumin has such a great results in test tubes and in animals but insignificant results in humans tested in clinical trials. For some reason dogs show more bioavailabity for even regular curcumin.

But...

Wikipedia tells that Verdure Sciences Longvida - an improved form of curcumin - shows superior absorption of free curcumin. And because Longvida is lipid-based it is much more bioavailable. So I think there's no point in eating regular curcumin or turmeric because of it's low bioavailability.

I couldn't find Longvida curcumin from IHerb but I found it from Amazon.

Report this post

PostPosted: 2/27/12 Monday, 6:09 pm 

Curcumin supplements for over a year and tumeric (usually w/ pepper too) many times per week for years... No change.

Report this post

PostPosted: 2/27/12 Monday, 6:39 pm 
Master Member

Please share dosages and brands if you remember those. Was your Curcumin the improved form of curcumin? The one that shows superior absorption?

Report this post

20 reasons to add turmeric to your diet
PostPosted: 7/9/12 Monday, 9:44 am 
Master Member

Here are 20 reasons to add turmeric to your diet:

1. It is a natural antiseptic and antibacterial agent, useful in disinfecting cuts and burns.

2. When combined with cauliflower, it has shown to prevent prostate cancer and stop the growth of existing prostate cancer.

3. Prevented breast cancer from spreading to the lungs in mice.

4. May prevent melanoma and cause existing melanoma cells to commit suicide.

5. Reduces the risk of childhood leukemia.

6. Is a natural liver detoxifier.

7. May prevent and slow the progression of Alzheimer's disease by removing amyloyd plaque buildup in the brain.

8. May prevent metastases from occurring in many different forms of cancer.

9. It is a potent natural anti-inflammatory that works as well as many anti-inflammatory drugs but without the side effects.

10. Has shown promise in slowing the progression of multiple sclerosis in mice.

11. Is a natural painkiller and cox-2 inhibitor.

12. May aid in fat metabolism and help in weight management.
13. Has long been used in Chinese medicine as a treatment for depression.

14. Because of its anti-inflammatory properties, it is a natural treatment for arthritis and rheumatoid arthritis.

15. Boosts the effects of chemo drug paclitaxel and reduces its side effects.

16. Promising studies are underway on the effects of turmeric on pancreatic cancer.

17. Studies are ongoing in the positive effects of turmeric on multiple myeloma.

18. Has been shown to stop the growth of new blood vessels in tumors.

19. Speeds up wound healing and assists in remodeling of damaged skin.

20. May help in the treatment of psoriasis and other inflammatory skin conditions.

Source

Here are some scientific studies which have demonstrated the antitumor effect of turmeric and curcumin:
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/21775121
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/19138983
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/20089354

Report this post

Science Confirms: Turmeric As Effective As Drugs
PostPosted: 7/18/14 Friday, 12:34 pm 
Master Member

Quote:
We have found no less than 54 studies indicating that curcumin can induce cell death or sensitize drug-resistant cancer cell lines to conventional treatment.[x]

We have identified 27 studies on curcumin’s ability to either induce cell death or sensitize multi-drug resistant cancer cell lines to conventional treatment.[xi]

Considering how strong a track record turmeric (curcumin) has, having been used as both food and medicine in a wide range of cultures, for thousands of years, a strong argument can be made for using curcumin as a drug alternative or adjuvant in cancer treatment.

Or, better yet, use certified organic (non-irradiated) turmeric in lower culinary doses on a daily basis so that heroic doses won’t be necessary later in life after a serious disease sets in. Nourishing yourself, rather than self-medicating with ‘nutraceuticals,’ should be the goal of a healthy diet.

From: http://www.getholistichealth.com/40207/ ... s-14-drugs (with scientific referencees)

Report this post

PostPosted: 8/21/14 Thursday, 11:21 pm 
Master Member

matt are you sure that longvida is better than say Nutrigold for example, which states that it has pepperine in it. Longvida doesn't say that and then how can we be sure their formula's effective, besides they have more extra ingredients than nutri gold and Longvida's more expensive too.

So I guess you're taking 1-3 capsules per day yeah?

Report this post