Tune in. Never miss
an important update!
Your Name
Your Email
Lipoma Board

In Search of Best Lipoma Treatment And Cure

What is Lipoma Board? A forum and community offering information, alternative treatments, resources and support concerning lipomas, lipomatosis and other related conditions. Surgery shouldn't be the only option! Lipomas are fatty tumors under the skin. Read more >>

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Triphala

desperately need advice for 3rd lipoma removal surgery
PostPosted: 1/18/17 Wednesday, 6:32 pm 

Number of lipomas: 2-10
looking for advice on if i should get my lipomas removed on my lower back for the 3rd time. ill start from the beginning to better understand my story.
i'm in the military and wear a bullet proof vest and carry a weapon to work in Feb. of 2015 i jumped out of my Humvee that was parked in a ditched the jump was 5 feet to the ground injured my lower back from the jump with all the weight i had on me at the time. i noticed a small lump then on my lower back the doctor said it was just a contracted muscle so i let it be later that year it got extremely bigger and another formed on the left side that became painful to work and workout so i saw a surgeon. in April of 2016 i had my first removal on my lower back both lipomas were the size of baseballs. 3 months after surgery they returned in the same exact spot. i saw the doctor once again and he scheduled me for the same removal in October which this time the lipomas were the size of lemons. He said he found a hole he believe where these lipomas were being caused he put a permanent stitch in. It didnt work by the end of november i could feel them again. my military doctor referred me to a different surgeon who told me me the same as the first one he has no clue what is causing these lipomas to form and so quickly but wants to have surgery again on feburary 20th 2017. so about a month away... these lipomas are painful and make it impossible to pass my fitness test with them on my back but he doesnt know for sure he can get them removed permanently. is there any other ways to get rid of these for good? and has anyone else experienced this?
Thank You for your help and feedback will be useful at this point...

Profile Send private message  

Re: desperately need advice for 3rd lipoma removal surgery
PostPosted: 2/19/17 Sunday, 11:53 am 
Master Member

Hey KatieM,

Unfortunately currently nobody knows what causes lipomas and there's also bunch of different behaviors. I for example am getting them all over my body, mostly on my trunk, but also a few on my arms and legs. On my last trip to the surgeon I removed 25 of them and they just keep appearing. I already made piece with the fact that I'm gonna be covered with scars and will have to go to the surgeon regularly to keep them at bay until there's any better solution found (if any ever will be in my lifetime).

You can browse around this forum to see what various treatments people have tried, so far none of them work. Your case sounds pretty specific since you don't seem to be getting them anywhere else on your body and they only appear on your lower back. If the scars and frequent surgery is inconvenient and you know they're coming back anyway, maybe try liposuction instead? It should leave less scarring but the chance of them coming back is greater.

Sorry for being unable to provide any better response but this is all I have for now.

Good luck.

Profile Send private message