Tune in. Never miss
an important update!
Your Name
Your Email
Lipoma Board

An Ongoing Search For Lipoma Treatment And Lipoma Cure

What is Lipoma Board? A forum and community offering information, alternative treatments, resources and support concerning lipomas, lipomatosis and other related conditions. Surgery shouldn't be the only option! Lipomas are fatty tumors under the skin. Read more >>

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Triphala

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 63 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
  Print view | E-mail friend

Re: many of my lipomas are melting away
PostPosted: 9/19/11 Monday, 8:06 pm 

Number of lipomas: 100+
Hello everyone!
I just joined this forum after finding it by chance yesterday. It is really awesome to find people out there with the same condition as me. I was just amazed when reading many of the descriptions given by many of you and especially the description to this condition. Most of it sounds exactly like me! My lipomas are firm but not too hard (like grapes) some are big, some very small.. and they started growing more and more about a year and a half ago. I had my first lipoma on my arm when I was 15 and slowly some appeared throughout the years. My lipomas are definitely a family thing because my grandparents have it, my brother has it and one of my uncles has it too. Unfortunately for me, I have the worst case of them with over a hundred all over my body and new ones showing up every now and then.
Many doctors have told me the same. That they are not affected by diet and that if they are not painful I should leave them alone. I do believe that diet has a big influence on them tho. Throughout the years I had followed the Body Ecology Diet, which consist of eating lots of organic veggies, grains and cultured foods. the idea is to starve yeast and candida that many of us have in larger than normal amounts due to our intake of antibiotics and also maybe the chemicals found in food nowadays. This diet also cuts sugars completely. I have found that when I follow the diet, the lipomas do seem to become soft and stop growing. however, for many different reasons, I have not being able to follow the diet for long periods of time and so I always go back to eating sugars and coffee etc.
As I said above, they started growing and multiplying about a year and a half ago, right after I came back from a 3 month trip to Asia. while traveling I ate the foods from the region and did not exercise and my chronic bloating condition got worst. I also gained weight.
That was my 5 cents for the forum. thank you all very much for your posts. I pray that we find a cure soon!!!

Report this post
 Profile Send private message  

PostPosted: 10/4/11 Tuesday, 7:04 pm 
jugeotte wrote:
Just a thank you to "US MARINE" : this is three weeks I drink lots of green tea (the true, leaf) and I stopped the sugar in all foods ........ I lost 4 kilos and my lipomas are much less me wrong ; I have the impression that some decrease in size .. so I continue this treatment and I will tell you if there is progress.
i feel better, so thank you US MARINE !

See you soon

Hi jugeotte. How's your treatment? any progress? :?: It's been a month of your last update. Please let us know, thank you!

m123

Report this post

PostPosted: 10/5/11 Wednesday, 2:04 pm 
M123 Hello ..... I always read the forum .... great forum ..... then, actually it's been two months that I drink every day of green tea, and most importantly, I do not eat sugar (in all aliments) ! the first few weeks I have lost several kilos (that's cool, I can wear the shirts that I did not put since a lot of time !!! ), but for lipomas, I have mixed feelings: they don't hurt me more (it's cool), but I'm not sure they decrease in size.... i try one month again ; and if i don't have a result on my lipomas, I'll try something else! What is certain is that eventually stop eating sugary foods is not easy, but for the physique it's excellent ! one information : i have had a new lipoma on my arm before i have started the treatment "tea" and "no sugar", and this lipoma seems more "visible", but perhaps it's i have lost some pounds.....

PS : a small clarification: I did not yet exercise (sports) as having said USmarine .... just green tea and no sugar in any food for me !

voila!

See you soon,

Good luck to all

Report this post

PostPosted: 10/5/11 Wednesday, 2:19 pm 
Master Member

Number of lipomas: 61-100
Hi there jugeotte and thanks for the feedback!

I have similar "mixed" feelings about amygdalin treatment for my lipomas. Although none has disappeared I feel that all have stopped hurting and itching and most feel softer. This can of course be just in my mind. But I feel at the same time that maybe this kind of treatment needs to continue a lot longer what we have used to; I mean months, maybe a year?

At least Darryl has informed in his lipoma cure thread that it might take months to see the results.

Well, I know I have been eating the apricot kernels now for about six months. I do feel some lipomas may be a little smaller but I definitely can't confirm it anyhow so it might be that my mind is doing tricks.

But for now, I'm sticking with the seeds and in addition I plan to add some other supplements to my diet such as turmeric and perhaps pine bark extract.

I think the way to go now is to combine different supplements to reach the ultimate recovery level so to say :)

Matt has dozens of small nasty lipomas all over. Has tried many treatments including surgery and Lipostabil injections. Open to any bit of information. Matt's lipoma prevention supplements. Matt uses Emu oil for scars. Latest test with Triphala.

Report this post

PostPosted: 10/14/11 Friday, 11:53 am 
Quote:
Well, I know I have been eating the apricot kernels now for about six months. I do feel some lipomas may be a little smaller but I definitely can't confirm it anyhow so it might be that my mind is doing tricks.

I believe a lot of the people who post, like the "US Marine", really want to believe their lipomas are receding or have disappeared. But they are in fact NOT going away. Yes, possibly there is some fluctuation. But by no means have they gone away.

My brother every 2 years claims his lipomas are getting "smaller" or "softer". He's been saying that for 6 years! It's all psychological. By the way, he only has 3! What a lucky guy, huh?

-HB

Report this post

PostPosted: 10/14/11 Friday, 3:56 pm 
It's not very nice to discourage us...............

Report this post

PostPosted: 10/14/11 Friday, 4:00 pm 
HI !!
I just wrote a sentence and below the advertisement was embedded !!!! Why ???

Report this post

PostPosted: 10/15/11 Saturday, 4:41 am 
matt wrote:

But for now, I'm sticking with the seeds and in addition I plan to add some other supplements to my diet such as turmeric and perhaps pine bark extract.

I think the way to go now is to combine different supplements to reach the ultimate recovery level so to say :)

ugh.
I tried Turmeric for about 2 weeks and found that my eyes became very dry.
So I stopped it - because it was so bad.

I hope it helps, but I think the key is fat metabolism.

I have tried the apricot seeds and do feel healthier when taking/chewing them, but haven't seen a change in my lipomas.

I hope we find a treatment!

Report this post

PostPosted: 10/15/11 Saturday, 7:19 am 
jugeotte wrote:
It's not very nice to discourage us...............

I'm calling out people's bogus claims. Jugeotte, you don't want to waste your time with false alarms. It might feel good at first but ultimately you're celebrating a lie. Remember I want to cure or control lipomas as much as you do. But let's think critically when anyone announces that they've GOT THE CURE. Working out and drinking green tea does not make your lipomas go away. If you really think it does then please take photos of your tumors, outline your plan, and then report back with the results. Make us believe but don't waste our time like this US Marine guy and offer no substantial evidence.

-HB

Report this post

PostPosted: 10/27/11 Thursday, 9:27 am 
Hi everybody ; since 3 months I drink green tea and I do not eat sugar in food, and I lost several pounds; lipomas are not painful. My girlfriend thinks that some are smaller. I'm not really sure. I must now take them into pictures. I'll try to post these photos on the site. I decided to measure them. I continue my treatment and I will see with my own results. We are here to find solutions. Nothing can be ruled out. Me, at least, I try something. The solution will not fall from heaven, and before making critical on the methods, it would be nice if critics are trying a technique. I am a realist. I could tell you if it works when I will have seen the results on the size of my lipomas. See you soon.
jugeotte

Report this post

PostPosted: 12/2/11 Friday, 6:02 pm 
i would like to say too, that i'm disappointed (almost angry) , because the treatment that i follow is not a pleasure ; for me, and for me girlfriend ; so, when i come on this forum,it's for find a real support ; let me try this treatment and we'll see ; M. HOneyBadger, what do you try as treatment actually ? do you try something ? Thanks

Report this post

PostPosted: 1/28/12 Saturday, 11:47 pm 
hi, i developed my first one at about 15 in my forearm, now it is the size of an almond. there are a few people in my large family who have one or two, but i am the only one with about 100. i only have about 10 large ones. one dermotologist told me that jews have the highest incidence of them. i did some aggressive detox (sauna, chelation and hyperbaric oxygen) about six years ago and i increased the size and amount of them. seven months ago i went off of sugar and started another detox. i am now seeing increase in size and amount so i think that sugar doesn't play a role (however, i do feel better!). i bet that these suckers are filled with toxins that we emcapsulate.

Report this post

PostPosted: 1/29/12 Sunday, 4:19 am 
I've read that in birds, lipomas are associated with a high fat diet and also an iodine deficiency.

Not sure if this would be issue in humans, but here it is from
Birds Health
http://www.birdhealth.com.au/bird/er/conditions.html

Report this post

PostPosted: 2/4/12 Saturday, 3:11 pm 

Very sorry to everyone, I am currently deployed in support of the war on terror. I read some posts in response to my post. (This is not a lecture, just read through my thoughts) First, we all know lipomas are fat deposits. Abnormal fat cells that grow into little oval cysts. Ok, well to kill the lipoma, you need to cut their fuel source. Fat= too much sugar, carbs, and fat. I will tell you all exactly what I do every normal day I have. I wake up and PT (physical training) for one hour. This includes running 3 miles or I do sprints (60 yards or so) then slowly jog back then do another sprint and so on. My runs or sprints take about 20 to 30 minutes, depending on my pace. Then i do sit-ups and other inner core training like flutter kicks, planks, hello dollys. (look them up on Google) Then I do dive bombers, push-ups, pull ups and other related excercises. Everyone here is built different, different age and you may be just starting out. The key is,,, work out at least 1 hour a day 5-6 days a week. I don't care if your walking the dog for 2 miles or playing some football with your son. Get off your butt and excercise!!! Next, I shower up and eat 1 cup of oatmeal with one bananna whole and a dash of cinnamon. Nuke it for 1 1/2 minutes or so and the bananna gets soft, so you can mix it up. This is great because the potasium in the bananna helps with your soreness the day after. Drink a glass of oj, or black coffee or water. Take mulit vitamin and B-6 and 12, (green tea extract pill) and i go do my thing. Also egg whites beaten with veggies is great! Use pam spray (0 cals / 0 fat) it is awesome to replace fatty butter. Mid-morning I eat a hand full of nuts and some apple slices or any fruit. The fiber helps you keep the metabolism going (burns fat). Celery or carrots and so on it really good. Or dip in fat free peanut butter. Lunch, ((NO LUNCH MEAT)) <--- high salt and fat, I first pound a glass of water then I eat grilled chicken, tuna fish with swiss cheese on 1 piece of wheat bread. Mid-afternoon, whey protein drink (watch sugar and fatty ones). Dinner is the BIG one right! We always gorge ourselves then around 2100 / 9 pm you hungary again. This is what you do,,, pound a glass of water or a few big gulps, then grab that plate you hardly use,,, not the saucer or dinner plate,, the MIDDLE one. That plate is awesome for controlling how much you dump on your plate. Eat the right foods that I suggested,,, veggies are great and high in fiber (stay away from pasta). Ok, the water helped with you feeling full. Now it is 2100 / 9pm and your hungry,,, eat a little bit of left-overs on that middle plate or just snack on some healthy food. At the end, you only ate 1 dinner plate of food and you succesfully beat the night craving. You just spread out your dinner,,, that is all! I promise, PROMISE!!!,,, if you do that for a week, you will lose weight,,, no question,,promise and shrink LIPOMAS/melt! Green tea, vitamins, lots of veggies and fruit, and nuts and ckicken and try some spices out for favors (not sauces) and grill more! It will be hard at first, but stay disciplined and remember that you can do anything!!! Stay motivated,,, email me if you need help or motivation! I am a giver so I would love to help anyone I can with advice!!! I hope this helped anyone. It helped me and I have lost many lipomas and they do not come back. This is my story, my life and I will never give up! Semper FI, Matt (mst.john@verizon.net)

Report this post

PostPosted: 2/4/12 Saturday, 3:19 pm 

HoneyBadger wrote:
Quote:

I believe a lot of the people who post, like the "US Marine", really want to believe their lipomas are receding or have disappeared. But they are in fact NOT going away. Yes, possibly there is some fluctuation. But by no means have they gone away.

My brother every 2 years claims his lipomas are getting "smaller" or "softer". He's been saying that for 6 years! It's all psychological. By the way, he only has 3! What a lucky guy, huh?

-HB

Hi there,,, I know it is hard to believe what I said and I completely understand my daily routine is different then most people. I am being honest Ma'am/Sir and have zero reason to lie, give false hopes, or waste my time here. I challenge you to try what I have been doing with complete dedication and then you can say I lie or what you wish,,, I am just trying to help people out and share what I have learned from my life. Have a great day!

Report this post

PostPosted: 2/4/12 Saturday, 10:55 pm 

Thanks for the update John! It would be nice if you provide a bit more info about your lipomas eg. if you have FML (familial multiple lipomatosis) are your lipomas encapsulated or not etc. Also how long till you saw some results?

Report this post

PostPosted: 7/9/12 Monday, 2:02 pm 
Hi there,

I just wanted to add in my experience. I'm one of those freakish people that have just one limpoma. I developed it around 30 years old. I had always assumed it was a reaction to all the blood tests and IVF treatment I was going through at the time because the location was in my right forearm, about an inch from the inside of the elbow. I also had been given a vaccine for Rubella around that time. (A side note: IVF was successful and I got a beautiful baby girl from it). I didn't notice the pea sized limpoma until one day while feeding my daughter in her highchair. A neighbor told me what it was. That was 11 years ago. It slowly grew to about the size of a grape and constantly looks slightly bruised. People always ask me what happened when they see it. I can't afford to go have it removed. This economy has hit us hard. Some of you think "Wow she only has 1 what's she complaining about?" Well, for one thing it sometimes hurts or itches, it's unsightly, and I don't want to develop more. My father-in-law has many on his chest and stomach that he has developed as he has gotten older. I'd like to avoid that.

Ok that's my background. Now to my experience. I would like to say that recently I have started a new diet. It's basically the Atkins diet which eliminates sugar in your diet and puts your body into a state of ketosis. Basically when you stop eating sugar and get your carb intake to 20 to 30 carbs a day, your body stops having insulin surges and falls. Infact you stop storing fat that you eat because you need insulin to store fat. Your body also stops burning sugar for an energy source simply because there isn't much available. So, it has to switch over to burning fat for energy. When your body burns fat there is a byproduct called ketones that is produced. Your brain runs well on ketones and many people (including me) feel more clear headed.

Anyway, I've lost 21 lbs so far. Since starting this diet my lipoma has not gone away but it doesn't hurt, it doesn't itch, and it doesn't protrude as much. I know you are thinking it's just "wishful thinking" but I didn't really expect this result as I was doing this diet for weight loss not lipoma loss.

For those who talk about candida..... I don't think I had that but atkins does help people with that problem.

For those who say you can't "melt" limpomas..... Why not? How do you know? If your body can grow it, your body can dissolve it.
I think limpomas are your bodies reaction to your diet. I think people have a genetic predisposition to develop them and then you add in a particular diet (possibly a high hypoglycemic diet) and that's a recipe for developing lipomas.

I don't know if this is a complete cure. I do know it's stopped hurting and itching and has become less noticeable. You have fat all over your body. When you diet, you don't necessarily burn off the exact fat you want to burn off. You just have to keep going and hope the fat( in your hips say) is eventually targeted. Maybe it takes being on a low glycemic/ low carb diet for a long time.

Also, what the US MARINE said about exercise makes sense. He is burning off these fat nodules off through vigorous exercise. His body type and activity level may be able to handle more carbs in the form of fruit and whole grains than someone who is insulin resistant or per-diabetic. But, I think this is a good reason to add in exercise everyday to try to speed the process along.

How do you know that excessive sugar or high glycemic foods aren't at the root of the problem? Why does our answer have to be in the form of a drug or a scalpel? The pharmaceutical companies can't make money on a diet so they wouldn't pursue this angle.

Just my 2 cents worth

Report this post

Oxygen Enhanced water....Just maybe!!!
PostPosted: 7/10/12 Tuesday, 5:39 am 
OXYGEN ENHANCED WATER MACHINES? MAYBE.

I've had lipomas since my late 20's....Some jackass doctor at my University convinced me to use anabolic steroids to enhance muscle mass...and said there was no noticable fallout...this was in the late 1970's, and I've regreted it ever since. My foolish fault.

I started getting multiple lipomas within a year of the steroid use...Thought maybe it was only from the steroid use, but, found out later that a couple of my sisters had a few lipomas, (so maybe it is genetic), but not nearly as many as I had(at the time I probably had 30 or 40 total, arms, legs, back and abdomen). None of them were too big, but some noticeable, and of course a bit embarassing...

I had them all removed, a few on my arms, and legs with surgical incisions, and on my abdomen where most of them were, I did the liposuction extraction. Of course, within 5 years or so, they started to re-appear, some in the same place, others in new locations...I'm guessing the liposuction didn't remove the entire lipoma, so many of those grew back.

O.K. So, here's the deal. (My cousin is into holistic medicine...He recommended this avenue). I've only experienced one NATURAL reduction for most of my lipomas. And it happend a couple years ago, through my cousin's advice....And it was real. It worked. It was by drinking oxygen enhanced water for a year....I'm telling you folks, it wasn't overnight, but, within that first year of religiously drinking the water, most of them were greatly reduced, or went away...Some remained on my sides, but the most visible ones on my arms, abdomen, legs, etc. went away.

Those water macines are expensive, and money was tight at the time, so I would just get the water from my cousins machine...And it cost me nothing.

But, I've since moved away, about a year ago, and haven't connected with anyone where I live to try and find the water...and guess what...those little lipomas are coming back....When I quit drinking the water (daily) within this last year, they slowly started coming back...I got lazy, because mine aren't that visible, really didn't care as much as I should have...But, now that they're growing back, and after reading all these blogs...and not seeing any other sure-fire cures, looks like I'm going back to the oxygenated water route again...

Don't get me wrong...I hate lipomas...But, hope of all hopes, someone finds a permanent cure that's truly a lock for total elimination...Meanwhile, we keep researching and trying anything that works...for me, I think I'm going back to the water.

Skeptical? Don't blame you, first blush. But so you'll know I'm not trying to sell you anything...(And I won't be checking this site all the time)... Look up the oxygen ehancing water machines online. Plus, almost every city has a water store, where they just may give you the water free...There's quite a few brands out there. I'm saying, there's something to it. Didn't completely get rid of those little rascals, but, at least, it made it more manageable.....Good luck. Jimmy

Report this post

PostPosted: 7/11/12 Wednesday, 12:57 am 
I don't think steroids did it, but who knows. I used steroids from 18-20 yrs. old and had no lipoma growth. I got my first lipoma when I was almost 25, and three years later at 28 is when the motherload began.

Report this post

PostPosted: 7/11/12 Wednesday, 12:03 pm 
Regular

Number of lipomas: 11-30
Well... what have we got to lose by doing more exercise? I think different peoples' bodies react in different ways... but maybe some rigorous exercise will definitely go a long way in facilitating any other changes in diet, supplements, treatments, etc. Personally, I am gearing up to start the P90X workout program. The complete package has workout options for both men and women... and you can focus on more aerobic or more muscle-building aspects of the program. Take a look on Youtube for real-life transformations in just a few months with people who were dedicated to this program.

Report this post

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 63 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next