Tune in. Never miss
an important update!
Your Name
Your Email
Lipoma Board

An Ongoing Search For Lipoma Treatment And Lipoma Cure

What is Lipoma Board? A forum and community offering information, alternative treatments, resources and support concerning lipomas, lipomatosis and other related conditions. Surgery shouldn't be the only option! Lipomas are fatty tumors under the skin. Read more >>

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Triphala

Print view | E-mail friend

many of my lipomas are melting away
PostPosted: 7/18/11 Monday, 3:50 am 

Hello everyone, yes,I have Lipomas. I am slowly getting rid of them either by surgery or they go away. I am really embarassed by them because I am a Marine and I am around other Marines all the time. In the shower or on the pull-up bars they can see my lipomas. Especially when shadows cast on them from the sun. But the are going away. I first noticed it in boot camp. I sweat a lot from pt, but when I wear my cammies on a hump (hike), the heat and sweat shrink my lipomas. I thought, hmm, well obviosly water weight is probably coming out of them. But,,,, I added green tea (asian good green tea) to my diet and also took B12, multi vit, and cut a lot of sugar out and replaced with lots of fruit. My lipomas are going away. Yes, I do physical train a lot, but my biggest difference was when I ate more fruit and drank tea and cut the sugar. I drink the tea all the time like water. Unfortnately, we all have these abnormal things in us called lipomas, but we also have to roll with the punches and address the issues with a unique diet. Lipomas need food to grow (in a sense), but,,, if you cut off their food chain they will not grow. You excercise a little more and you start to break them down. Dont kid yourself, you can do it!!!! Email me at my civilian address if you want mst.john@verizon.net or post here. There are some other things I eat and do, but don't want to be disrespectul by writing a book here. By the way, I am 38 years old, male and if I can do it, YOU CAN DO IT! Stay positive :)

Report this post
 Profile Send private message  

Re: many of my lipomas are melting away
PostPosted: 7/21/11 Thursday, 4:19 am 
Master Member

Number of lipomas: 0
Hi do you are joking? I cann't believe that and asking you to be more serious what you write. Please be more pricise and tell us more details. Tell us how large your lipomas are, where they are, but your green tea do not stop them from growing!!

Klaus

Report this post

PostPosted: 8/10/11 Wednesday, 1:49 pm 
Can you tell more about your success in driving your lipomas away?
How many lipomas did you have?
Where were they located?
Were your lipomas all soft?
Any hard and granulated?

Of all of the posts about "cures" or "treatments" for lipomas, yours was the only one that offering natural solutions that didn't sell anything.

I've had lipomas since I was around 20 years old. I was very slender then, mostly muscle with very little body fat at all. Then the lipomas were mostly in my fore-arms. In my 30s, I developed lipomas in my thighs.

I believe this is familial in my case - my brother has the same history.

I'm 52 now.

As a lady, this is very distressful, these are quite disfiguring.

Worse, I do not have medical insurance or funds to pay for surgical removal. I've had some lipomas removed by a cosmetic surgeon years ago, but they came back.

Now I'm getting new lipomas. The old ones are painful. When my daughter was a toddler, I had to be careful when she would try to sit in my lap - the lipomas in my thighs were very painful.

This is a cruel disease, especially when a person can't afford surgery, and there seem to be no treatments or prevention.

Report this post

PostPosted: 8/10/11 Wednesday, 11:37 pm 
Regular

Laura-

seems like you have some nasty ones in uncomfortable places, a pity you cant afford to have them removed.... a little tip, if you ever go to holiday to some asian country you could maybe look at having them removed there, it will for sure be cheaper there.

Report this post

PostPosted: 8/12/11 Friday, 8:14 am 
Master Member

Number of lipomas: 0
Hi Laura,
what you wrote is terrible, particular for a woman. As you know Lipoma-tumors are around the world and all such people which have them in one or the other way has to suffer. At this time we can only spend a little hope; of course that will not eliminate the problem, but what else we can do? Some of us are trying several products to find out if they are useless or not. Unfortunately, 99% are useless.

But do not panic. Most important is that you don't take without any type of proof or asking here. Even operation overseas, particular in Asia most be checked very careful, as I'm living not to far from these countries you must have proof.

Regards

Klaus

Report this post

PostPosted: 8/12/11 Friday, 5:52 pm 
Thank you Klaus, for your words of encouragement.

I want to post more about my condition, maybe it will help someone. Also I am looking at diet and nutrition.

I have had fatty lipomas since my early 20s. I was a very very slender young lady then.
The lipomas first appeared in my fore-arms.

When I reached my late 20s, sill very slender, lipomas developed in my things.

I had some lipomas removed from my arms, but didn’t have the thighs done, I wanted to see how well I would heal before trying that. (I also develop keloid scarring sometimes).

The surgery was great relief. Done by a cosmetic surgeon, the scars were just tiny thin white lines, no raising of the tissue, just a discoloring.

Eventually the lumps in my arms have grown back. : (

The lumps in my thighs are painful if pressed upon.

I haven’t had health insurance for 7 years, so have not had opportunity to seek treatment, and in these days in the US, an insurance company might easily find excuse not to cover the removal.

Now I am 52 years old, and the lumps in my fore-arms and thighs are getting bigger, and there are more of them.

New lumps have just recently appeared – on my knees.

This is so depressing. The lumps hurt and I’m worried that I’ll get more and more of them.
Appearances are another issue. Who wants to have lumps sticking out on their body?

This seems to be familial, my older brother has same problem.

Because of circumstances, in the past year or so, I had not been eating healthy foods, and couldn’t afford niceties like organic milk.
This may be why I've had what seems to be sudden increase in size of lumps and appearance of new lumps.

Now I can afford to do a bit better so will make changes.

Today I am
  • throwing out the regular milk (and the hormones it is laden with),
  • throwing out the soy milk (I used to treat hot flashes). And
  • I’m throwing out the artificial sweetner.

I’m going to start taking:
  • vitamin e (for the hot flashes)
  • bromain – natural supplement that aids in digestion
  • apple cider vinegar – (can’t hurt, my mother took it for years for arthritis, but it is also known for aiding digestion)

I’m looking into taking tumeric.

If I could afford surgery, I'd immediately have it done, by a cosmetic surgeon, if at all possible.
Even if some or all of the lumps grew back, it would be a relief and well worth it.

I will check back again.

Report this post

PostPosted: 8/14/11 Sunday, 7:24 pm 
My mother, sisters, some nephews have these lipomas and it is very annoying. I was told by a Holistic Practitioner that it is a liver-gallbladder related condition. One of my sister has told me that hers diminished in size when she lost weight. make sense since they are made of adipose fat. Thus, since you are training and sweating a lot, plus your change in diet and the addition of supplements, combine, could be the solutions that we are all looking for. Please if you could tell us what are the other things you are doing will be very much appreciate by all. Thanks :)

Report this post

PostPosted: 8/14/11 Sunday, 10:49 pm 
greathealth wrote:
My mother, sisters, some nephews have these lipomas and it is very annoying. I was told by a Holistic Practitioner that it is a liver-gallbladder related condition. One of my sister has told me that hers diminished in size when she lost weight. make sense since they are made of adipose fat. Thus, since you are training and sweating a lot, plus your change in diet and the addition of supplements, combine, could be the solutions that we are all looking for. Please if you could tell us what are the other things you are doing will be very much appreciate by all. Thanks :)

That is interesting. I have had problems with my gallbladder in past 2 years.

But when I first got these lipomas, I was about 20, and I weighed 100 pounds at 5'2"
I was very active.

Still, it is always good to stay in shape.

I've read that this is a genetic thing, that lipoma sufferers fatty cells do not act properly, and respond to stress by creating capsules.
My brother has always been in good shape, playing basket ball etc, and he has lipomas all over.
He has always had a flat stomach.

Report this post

PostPosted: 8/16/11 Tuesday, 2:23 pm 
Hello everyone,
Some time ago, I wrote here that the doctors I had consulted told me to stop the sugar in my food (sugar saccharose in all food).

it's hard, but I decided since 2 weeks to follow their recommendation.

I also decided to drink lots of green tea.

Strangely, my lipomas are less painful since.

I went back to doing sports (running ...).

I have a lipoma in the stomach that makes me far less harm and I feel that even decreases .......

I decided to continue: sports / real green tea / remove any aliement with sugar in my diet.

e back to tell you how it operates.

Good luck to all,

A French who is angry against lipomas in his body

Report this post

PostPosted: 8/16/11 Tuesday, 2:47 pm 
PS : someone on this board tried to stop completely the sugar in his food (any food with industrial sugar / sucrose)??
Who tried here ?

Thanks for this forum

Report this post

PostPosted: 8/20/11 Saturday, 11:52 pm 

Your lipomas are melting away? Most of us have been fighting with this problem for years, you must be the lucky person who can make yours disappear. This is proof not to believe what everybody writes here. You dont know why they form but somehow you found the cure huh? You should tell doctors everywhere your secret to success and help cure everyone. Plus you will be a millionaire. Matt and a few others are on the right track with such thoughts as uric acid, candida for example. I also tend to lean towards the fact that our bodies create lipomas to store toxins. As bad as lipomas are, maybe they are saving us from worse damage done by the toxins. This is all just a theory. But seriously, Melting away? Gimme a break

Report this post

PostPosted: 8/21/11 Sunday, 2:29 am 
Charlupa wrote:
Your lipomas are melting away? Most of us have been fighting with this problem for years, you must be the lucky person who can make yours disappear. This is proof not to believe what everybody writes here. You dont know why they form but somehow you found the cure huh? You should tell doctors everywhere your secret to success and help cure everyone. Plus you will be a millionaire. Matt and a few others are on the right track with such thoughts as uric acid, candida for example. I also tend to lean towards the fact that our bodies create lipomas to store toxins. As bad as lipomas are, maybe they are saving us from worse damage done by the toxins. This is all just a theory. But seriously, Melting away? Gimme a break

Great points. We can hope to slow down the growth, or reduce the presence of new lipomas, but melt them away?

IF you've ever seen an excised limpoma, its a gross grizzly piece of fat that often has a tough capsule around it.
They are nasty looking and not just globs of fat. If they were mere gobs of fat we could diet them away.

They are a caused by our fat cells acting in an abormal way.
Some of it is genetic. That is why only some people have them, and it isn't caused by obesity.
I weighed about 99 pounds when I got my first lipomas. I was 5'2".

The OP has a single post blog about a single lipoma and is selling something.

I don't know anyone with just a single limpoma! If the problem was just a single limpoma, wow
just get it removed and go on with your life.

But it isn't that simple.

Report this post

PostPosted: 8/21/11 Sunday, 4:41 am 

Number of lipomas: 31-60
Actually Laura, somebody at my workplace has just one lipoma. The problem it's ist emplacement : in his face (in the front).

Report this post

PostPosted: 8/22/11 Monday, 7:13 am 

I believe that the cause of lipomas is genetic. Not the lipomas themselves. I feel that lipomas are a symptom of a curable condition. My situation is very similar to yours Laura. They started in my forearms at about 19 years old. They were very small at first. I had one removed for testing at about 23 years old. It has not grown back, but I have grown others nearby. Also, the new ones have grown fairly large( grape sized). I dont know if surgery caused more to grow but I guess Ill never know. I am 28 now.Over the years the have grown in my thighs and stomach area as well. Those tend to cause pain sometimes as I think they are on nerves. The most notceable ones are on my forearms and I cant decide if I want to have them cut out. I wouldnt even mind the scars, but Im afraid I may grow extras or even larger ones. I feel they will return untill the real issue is solved. I am sorry for everyone who suffers like I do. We are in this together. If anyone wants to bounce ideas back and forth , or just needs someone to talk to ( I know I do sometimes) feel free to message me . I will do my best to gather as much info as possible and share with all . Who knows, maybe one of our crazy ideas will stop our grandchildren from getting them. I will never give up and neither should anyone else :). Stay positive friends

Report this post

PostPosted: 8/22/11 Monday, 8:59 am 
Master Member

Number of lipomas: 61-100
Hi Charlupa!

I want to comment on the genetic thing. We are used to hearing a lot of things happen because of our genes. We have the impression we can't do anything because of our genes. I used to thought that once I was born, nothing happened to genes any longer. This is absolutely not the case. Genes are enabled and disabled throughout our lives depending on different factors such as environmental things. This has been proven with identical twins who have lived apart from each other and in different environments. They do not have for example identical height and they do not share all the same diseases. Environmental things do have an effect to our genes.

So yes, you are kind of right, lipomas are genetic but what triggers the genes to develop lipomas is the key. Furthermore, is there another trigger that would enable a set of new genes that would eliminate the lipomas?

So blaming our genes is not the answer, although they play a part in this story.

Matt has dozens of small nasty lipomas all over. Has tried many treatments including surgery and Lipostabil injections. Open to any bit of information. Matt's lipoma prevention supplements. Matt uses Emu oil for scars. Latest test with Triphala.

Report this post

PostPosted: 8/22/11 Monday, 10:15 am 
hi !

I know very well lipomas: I have lipomas surgically removed 5 .... when you see their size and composition (yellow mass), we understand that you can not make them go away with products applied to the against skin ... but, stop their growth, it must be possible! hence my question: has anyone stopped completely sugar in his food?
I WOULD LIKE MISTER US MARINE COME BACK and give us more answers.

I try actually GREEN TEA / EXERCISE AND NO SUGAR IN MY FOOD ; i'll see.....

Report this post

PostPosted: 8/22/11 Monday, 7:57 pm 

matt wrote:
Hi Charlupa!

I want to comment on the genetic thing. We are used to hearing a lot of things happen because of our genes. We have the impression we can't do anything because of our genes. I used to thought that once I was born, nothing happened to genes any longer. This is absolutely not the case. Genes are enabled and disabled throughout our lives depending on different factors such as environmental things. This has been proven with identical twins who have lived apart from each other and in different environments. They do not have for example identical height and they do not share all the same diseases. Environmental things do have an effect to our genes.

So yes, you are kind of right, lipomas are genetic but what triggers the genes to develop lipomas is the key. Furthermore, is there another trigger that would enable a set of new genes that would eliminate the lipomas?

So blaming our genes is not the answer, although they play a part in this story.

Hi Matt,
First of all, Thanks for starting this forum. It has helped me to hear others stories. It gives me hope that others are trying to figure this out. I actually totaly agree with you that genetics are not the root of our problem. What I meant is that we share genes that may contribute. For example, the ability to not digest certain things may run in families. I tell my father all the time that it is more than genes He has them as well. I refuse to see his surgeon as he thinks I am ridiculous to believe that they are antyhing but genetic. I agree environment is just as important. Maybe it seems genetic because i shared the same environment with my father. We ate the same food and live similar lifestyles. I realize my statement sounded as if I blamed genes, but I was actually trying to say the opposite. You have excellent ideas Matt and you are very proactive. You are right, blaming genes means little hope and I am still full of hope

Report this post

PostPosted: 8/23/11 Tuesday, 1:37 am 

One of my passions in life is the pursuit of truth. What really happens behind the curtain.
The only truth i know lies in physical sciences. "Ve-ri-tas" as some people like to call it...

Concerning our subject, Genes may express themselves is various ways depending on the enviroment. Thats a fact. Your condition being inherited is also a fact.

That being said, it is kind of difficult to reach the cure by searching for the perfect enviroment in which your genes will not express FML. To be honest it might take a man more than one lifetime to do it this way. Besides being time consuming it is also impractical. Almost a utopia. The proper enviroment for you might not be the proper for me since our genetic code differs a lot and it might express itself differently. Even if we suffer from the same condition.

To find a solution that works for each and everyone of us we must rely on collective research and collective work. Sharing your knowledge, research, facts and experiences might help someone (who can connect the dots) to reach a certain conclusion while reading them.

Thats the only way, and it is where hope really lies.

You also have to bear in mind that not all of the doctors out there are doing research. In fact many of them do not even get updated on the latest research.

Report this post

PostPosted: 8/23/11 Tuesday, 5:40 am 
Master Member

Number of lipomas: 61-100
Hi both Charlupa and sjohn!

Charlupa, I'm also sorry if I sounded too blaming towards you. I have absolutely no idea what is going on, I just know genes can be on or off in any time of our life.

I'm very happy that we are discussing this because I have thought about it for a long time. sjohn, you are right, it's impossible to try to find the perfect environment were the lipomas would not grow. But if my hypothesis proves to be anywhere even close, it doesn't matter if had lived our life in a perfect world. Some of us would still have lipomas. Ok, now I'm again suggesting something maybe over the top but bear with me...

Lipomas are thought to be inherited by genes, right? That means some gene or a set of genes needs to be on immediately after we have born. Or it might be set on later in our lives. Well guess what, it's extremely rare that an inborn baby has lipomas. They develop them later on in life. But why? Because of the tendency in our genes? What sets it off? Age? Food? What?

Also you have to admit, people who's parents don't have lipomas, get lipomas too. Why?

Could it be that those whose parents have lipomas are more prone to the lipomas because their parents might be "infecting" them with lipomas? They are often hugging, kissing sharing "genes" or cells or bacteria/fungi/virus so to say? Of course most married couples don't share lipomas even if the other one has had them. BUT, adult's immune system is much more developed than young people. People older than 50, alcoholics, AIDS patients develop lipomas more easily perhaps because their immune system has also weaken. And like sjohn said, we might be more vulnerable to the triggering effect by default.

So yes, sjohn, genes do cause lipomas in the end, but still the question remains, what triggers those genes on? If it is somekind of an outside trigger (toxin, bacteria, fungi, virus) it should be possible to remove it from our system. And because it looks like some people have actually got rid of lipomas with certain treatments (EBOO ozone treatment to name one), I believe it is possible.

Matt has dozens of small nasty lipomas all over. Has tried many treatments including surgery and Lipostabil injections. Open to any bit of information. Matt's lipoma prevention supplements. Matt uses Emu oil for scars. Latest test with Triphala.

Report this post

PostPosted: 9/2/11 Friday, 7:24 pm 
Just a thank you to "US MARINE" : this is three weeks I drink lots of green tea (the true, leaf) and I stopped the sugar in all foods ........ I lost 4 kilos and my lipomas are much less me wrong ; I have the impression that some decrease in size .. so I continue this treatment and I will tell you if there is progress.
i feel better, so thank you US MARINE !

See you soon

Report this post