Tune in. Never miss
an important update!
Your Name
Your Email
Lipoma Board

An Ongoing Search For Lipoma Treatment And Lipoma Cure

What is Lipoma Board? A forum and community offering information, alternative treatments, resources and support concerning lipomas, lipomatosis and other related conditions. Surgery shouldn't be the only option! Lipomas are fatty tumors under the skin. Read more >>

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Triphala

Print view | E-mail friend

Pine bark extract - Grape seed extract
PostPosted: 7/10/11 Sunday, 12:49 pm 

Hi forum,

A few years back there was a recommendations section on http://www.lipomadoc.org/ that had tons of info about many supplements and substances used to help with fat disorders. However the site changed and that information is now unavailable. I was told back then to use "pine bark extract" "grape seed extract" along with "L-arginine" (1000 mg of each supplement daily as i recall) and mild exercise to help "soften" my fatty tumors. However, to be honest, i never gave it a go but now it might be a good time. Is there anyone that has tried such kind of treatment? Any results?

Pine Bark Extract http://www.mskcc.org/mskcc/html/69332.cfm

Grape Seed Extract http://www.mskcc.org/mskcc/html/69243.cfm

L-Arginine (one of 20 most common natural amino acids) http://www.mskcc.org/mskcc/html/76400.cfm

Report this post
 Profile Send private message  

Re: Pine bark extract - Grape seed extract
PostPosted: 8/19/11 Friday, 2:33 pm 
Master Member

Number of lipomas: 61-100
Hi, I haven't heard about these substances before but I was left wondering whether these too would have some anti-fungi properties and/or would limit the amount of the uric acid in our bodies...?

Matt has dozens of small nasty lipomas all over. Has tried many treatments including surgery and Lipostabil injections. Open to any bit of information. Matt's lipoma prevention supplements. Matt uses Emu oil for scars. Latest test with Triphala.

Report this post

PostPosted: 9/29/11 Thursday, 7:17 am 
Master Member

I have since my last post researched some more. I found out that pine extract holds a natural "medicine" substance called Pycnogenol which has antimicrobial activity. People around the world claim to have cured themselves from i.e. lung cancer and lymphoma with pine bark extract. Pycnogenol is also a poweful antioxidant, some claim that even more powerful than vitamin C and vitamin E.

Pine bark extract is very little studied but it is thought to be safe and the ones using it drink it as juice or eat pellets. Pycnogenol has been tested for it's antimicbial activity and it inhibited the growth of eukaryotic (yeast and fungi) microorganisms.

I found one local natural product store that sells pine extract for 6 € / 600 ml. One bottle should be enough for one to two days and it should be drank to an empty stomach (as supplements usually always). I found a story about a Finnish guy who had refused from all cancer therapies and drank pine extract juice for two weeks (600 ml per day) and then went to endoscopy in which they found the cancer had vanished. Maybe I will give a go in the near future.

Grape seed extract and it's derivatives proanthocyanidins decreased tumor numbers and reduced the malignancy of papillomas in this study. This other study suggests that proanthocyanidins might have inhibitory effects to the yeast metabolism but that yeasts are cabaple of adapting to it.

Has anyone tried these?

Matt has dozens of small nasty lipomas all over. Has tried many treatments including surgery and Lipostabil injections. Open to any bit of information. Matt's lipoma prevention supplements. Matt uses Emu oil for scars. Latest test with Triphala.

Report this post

PostPosted: 10/2/11 Sunday, 3:12 pm 

Hey Matt,

I wanted to try em cause i was instructed by a doctor to so. However I had a hard time finding pure pine bark extract products in my country.

Report this post

PostPosted: 1/31/12 Tuesday, 8:46 am 
Master Member

Grape extracts are known to have antibacterial effects. There's a study which shows that the most antibacterial is Muscadine grape skin, followed by grape synergy (skin and seed) and seed.

Grape seed extract is also capable of killing cancer cells while leaving the healthy cells alone. It has been also discovered that the administration of the grape seed extract to mice is very safe. Grape seed extract both damages cancer cells' DNA and stops their ability to repair themselves. Source

Report this post

PostPosted: 1/31/12 Tuesday, 2:54 pm 
Master Member

sjohn, how about IHerb or Amazon?

I know they ship all around the world.

They sell Pycnogenol which is the active ingredient in pine bark extract.

They say that Pycnogenol is naturally derived from French Maritime Pine Bark. Pycnogenol is rich in procyanidins, which may help to provide protection from cell-damaging radicals. It's also free of sugar, salt, starch, yeast, wheat, gluten, corn, soy, barley, fish, shellfish, nuts, tree nuts, egg and dairy products. No preservatives, artificial flavors or synthetic colors are used.

Report this post

PostPosted: 1/31/12 Tuesday, 10:50 pm 

matt wrote:
sjohn, how about IHerb?

Hiya,

Sorry forgot to update but, yeah, you're right i've only recently discovered iherb and how awesome it really is. By the time i posted the above post i had no idea about iherb. Still i am waiting for the results from Darryls research before i start taking something. But if i will it will definetely be something on this topic.

Report this post

PostPosted: 2/27/12 Monday, 6:11 pm 

Tried both, no change in lipomas.

Report this post

PostPosted: 2/27/12 Monday, 7:14 pm 
Master Member

Dosages, brands, consumption habits? Please be more specific. I'm sorry if it didn't wok for you but there are way too many people saying they found help from these substances. So we need to define what works for some and what doesn't for others.

Report this post