Tune in. Never miss
an important update!
Your Name
Your Email
Lipoma Board

In Search of Best Lipoma Treatment And Cure

What is Lipoma Board? A forum and community offering information, alternative treatments, resources and support concerning lipomas, lipomatosis and other related conditions. Surgery shouldn't be the only option! Lipomas are fatty tumors under the skin. Read more >>

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Triphala

Sulforaphane
PostPosted: 2/2/17 Thursday, 9:51 pm 
Junior

Number of lipomas: 11-30
Hello,

I wanted to join the forum and share my very limited experience with my lipoma efforts. First, I want to be extremely cautious that I do not present this information as a cure or a high confidence treatment solution. I simply do not have any data to support this and my lipomas have always been fairly small.

My data set is exactly one person, and I can't even make claim that this is the only possible variable, although I've tried to limit inputs during my testing.

I have a fairly benign form of multiple lipoma. When it was first discovered, I was sent to do a number of medical tests, as there was concern that it could be malignant. It was not. I would estimate I have maybe 25 lipomas on my right chest and 6-8 on my left. There are maybe 10 more I know about on the rest of my body. All are fairly small and most are difficult to see. I am very thin, so on occasion a couple are visible. I've been lucky and I feel for those with much larger lipomas and those with pain. Only one of mine ever hurts (one under my right chest, near the armpit that can get compressed with sports and activity).

Until very recently, mine stayed the same size most all the time, with a couple ballooning on rare occasion (for reasons completely unknown). I tried all kinds of things to keep them small, and honestly, nothing ever seemed to make any difference at all. I have been full keto for a year, and while that has made for some documented medical improvements (backed up by regular testing), it did absolutely nothing for my lipomas.

Then a couple of months of ago I saw a video on massively increasing the amount of Sulforaphane in broccoli sprouts. I've been doing this for about a month and half. I've noticed my lipomas are smaller. Of course this has a huge subjective element, as it is just about impossible to measure them without an ultrasound. But, I'm fairly confident of this, as there was a cluster of three or four on my right chest that were so tightly packed, at one time, caused concern with my doctor over malignancy (the thinking was they were matted, and that is not a positive sign). Now, after 6 weeks of high, high levels of Sulforaphane (which I supercharge with ground up mustard seeds to get a hugh amount of myrosinase) I am convinced it made a difference for me. There are very clear gaps between these 3-4 previously tightly grouped lipomas. Also, the one lipoma that has caused pain has completely stopped it's low grade ache, with a more sharp pain when compressed. I believe it too is slight smaller.

Again, I do not want to give anyone false hope, or make any broad claim. I did want to share that it appears this has helped me. Here are three videos that could offer some ideas. There are many resources on the net, with peer reviewed medical data, supporting some of the advantages of Sulforaphane for a wide range of conditions (none that I have found yet specific to lipoma).

Good luck and share your experience with this, or your results if it is something you read up on and then elect to try.

Profile Send private message  

Re: Sulforaphane
PostPosted: 2/3/17 Friday, 6:09 pm 
Junior

Number of lipomas: 31-60
You should take a look at this post from the board. Sounds like you may be onto something.

treatments-cures-f3/hmga-regulation-and-inhibition-protien-activity-t644.html

PostPosted: 2/3/17 Friday, 9:26 pm 
Junior

Lawrence,

Thanks! This is great information. I have a lot of reading to do to understand all the things presented. Really appreciated.

PostPosted: 2/3/17 Friday, 9:32 pm 
Junior

Two other things.

1. I forgot to mention that the broccoli sprouts, treated and processed, seem to have a very positive effect on blood pressure. I'm a blood pressure fanatic, as in 2005 they told me I would be on medication for the rest of my life. I rejected that idea and after 6 years of diet, weight, and exercise, I was officially taken off blood pressure medication by my PCP. While my BP is good, I noticed the first time I did a massive dose of Sulforaphane, within hours my BP dropped to it's lowest level I can recall. I was actually concerned how low it went. The effect lasted a few days (there is a medical reason for this, as the Sulforaphane get metabolized fairly quickly, but the pathways and enzymes/etc stay active for days).

2. If anyone is interested, I could post a full process on how I make my own sprouts, with photos and resources on where to get seeds. You don't need much to do it, and it's easy. Plus, using the 158 degree F process Dr. Rhonda Patrick talks about, you completely remove any risk of infection with e coli bacteria. Just let me know and I'll work on it. Will take about a week to photo all the steps from seed to plate.

Just post here that you want to see this information and I'll get busy putting it together.

PS: Broccoli sprouts with 100 to 1 of ground mustard seeds do not taste great. I usually eat 160-180 grams every other day.

Good Luck

PostPosted: 2/4/17 Saturday, 3:27 pm 
Junior

Number of lipomas: 31-60
Sure, no problem... Please keep posting your progress and what is working. I unfortunately cannot stand the taste or smell of Broccoli or any of the Cruciferous Vegetables. But, I suppose I could take a supplement to see if it helps? I do see that Jarrow has a Broccomax supplement that contains the Sulforaphane and Myronase. I did see the video with Dr. Rhonda Patrick about a month ago as I follower her on youtube. I just remember thinking, if these compounds help with Cancer, they have to help with Lipoma, no? I too have multiple lipomas on my abdomen and ribs and they are in groups or just close to each other.
Another thing that struck me about the post I referenced and your post is the involvement of Methylation in Acetylation and Deacetylation. I have had testing done and I Undermethylate. I wonder how this is Undermethylation is contributing to the Lipomas and if correcting the methylation can provide reversal or relief.

PostPosted: 2/4/17 Saturday, 6:44 pm 
Junior

Lawrence,

I will post updates, irrespective of the results. Maybe in 3 months and again in 6. I've been eating broccoli like a religion for years, but always cooked for 11 minutes under steam. I may have negated any Sulforaphane benefits for all those tons I've eaten over all those years.

I was thinking about a method to quantify and/or measure the lipomas, but I've not come up with anything I think is valid.

I did notice that one fairly prominent lipoma on my left side (there are very few there) is so small I could not find it easily. This is encouraging, but again, far too subjective to base any strong claim on.

I know very little about methylation, but I'll add it to my reading.

That is unfortunate that you do not like broccoli. The sprouts with ground mustard seeds have a fairly strong taste with a slight burning sensation. The one positive is that you don't have to eat that many grams to gain a therapeutic dose (according to Dr. Patrick).

Best of luck to you and keep me posted on your progress or any new ideas you come across.

PostPosted: 2/7/17 Tuesday, 9:27 am 
Junior

Number of lipomas: 61-100
I wonder if brocco max supplements would give the same nutrition as natural broccoli. Wonder if it would give enough sulforaphane as cooked broccoli. ?? Just a question. Not saying its going to work like you said, but is the supplements even worth it??

PostPosted: 2/7/17 Tuesday, 7:10 pm 
Junior

N2531,

It's a good question. I think it depends entirely on the quality and manufacturing of the supplement to have the required chemicals.

It is well known that many supplement companies sell products that are not what they claim or lack a sufficient quality of the key ingredient to achieve a medically therapeutic dosage. With respect to Sulforaphane, there have been products offered and Dr. Jeff Fahey talks about this in this video (same as posted in original post). This doctor is more qualified to discuss this, as his team at Johns Hopkins have worked with suppliers to develop a standardized Sulporaphane dosage, and he is not pleased with some suppliers make claims about Hopkins research. The discussion starts around the 24 minute mark with respect to supplements (it's very long, but it's worth watching the whole thing).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q0lBVCpq8jc&t=2334s

As for Broccomax, it appears they are attempting to preserve the compounds required. This is a positive sign, but I have no experience with this supplement or any Sulforaphane supplement.

"BroccoMax® has been demonstrated in vitro to yield approximately 8 mg of sulforaphane per DR capsule containing 30 mg of SGS.

BroccoMax® broccoli seed extract is manufactured using a patented process that preserves myrosinase, the enzyme in broccoli that metabolizes SGS (Sulforaphane Glucosinolate, a.k.a. glucoraphanin) in the small intestine into sulforaphane."

It might be worth a try. I will add, you might need to eat about 6-8 of those pills per day to hit the upper therapeutic target of 60mg per day.

Hopefully someone will have better information to offer than I do.

Good Luck

PostPosted: 2/11/17 Saturday, 9:41 am 
Lipoma Guru

Hey matt1007!

Thank you for your information! Sulforaphane is new even for me so I too appreciate your sharing on the topic. I have to do some research on it. And please keep on posting, this sounds interesting! BroccoMax seems to be fairly cheap so I might give it a try.

Hi I'm Matt - the creator and owner of this site. I have dozens of small nasty lipomas all over. I've tried many treatments including surgery and Lipostabil injections. See my lipoma prevention supplement recommendations and please consider donating a small amount via PayPal (click the Donate button) to keep this site up and running. Thx!

PostPosted: 2/11/17 Saturday, 10:08 am 
Master Member

Thanks OP for sharing! Please keep us posted, at this point most of active members of this board are used to all the quackery and premature assumptions, so the least we could do is consider every possibility thoroughly before dismissing it; and good luck of course!

PostPosted: 2/11/17 Saturday, 11:58 am 
Master Member

Number of lipomas: 0
Dear Matt and follows, thanks for sending me the info about some green vegetables and how positive they should be to reduce LT's. It should be very doubtful to accept what Matt 1007 is writing about his vision that his LT have been shrinking in nearly 1 1/2 months by intake of tablets or eating Brussels sprouts or Brocculi, regardless natural or cooked. Most of us should know that most of green vegetables are loosing their vitamin or other important substances when they be cooked. Sulforaphane is one it.
Sulforaphne is - as researcher found - an anti cancer compound. It seems to have general but potent antioxidant and possible anti inflammatory actions, particular by bowel cancer, but there is no evidence provided. How do we know how these tablets are been manufactured, how many of the original substances are damaged, and on the end may be they are useless. On the other hand if you eat some vegetable raw they can create flatulence.

I know that we hear in this forum that a lot of products are be mentioned, but realistically none of these have a sight to be really considered for LT. If people like or not to hear, so far I'm the only one, and some people are on the way to follow me - which is free of any LT since 2013. I'm sorry that I make another negative comment, but none of the people will be helped to believe what is not possible.

Kind regards

Klaus

PostPosted: 2/11/17 Saturday, 9:03 pm 
Junior

Hello Matt,

Thanks for having me on the board.

Again, I have zero data that is meaningful regarding Sulforaphane for treatment of lipoma. The only thing I can say for certain is that my one painful lipoma has been completely pain-free since about a week after I started. Subjectively, I'm confident that my other lipomas are smaller.

I'm continuing high dose treatment with sprouts. I'll give an update in 3 months.

Thanks

PostPosted: 2/11/17 Saturday, 9:08 pm 
Junior

Klaus,

I think something was lost in the language. Perhaps you could consider what I wrote again. I'm not selling anything, or promoting any tablets.

It's funny, but one of your primary complaints was the loss of the essential element due to cooking. Had you taken the time to review the materials provided (based in large on the work from Johns Hopkins researchers), you would see the entire objective of the heating methodology is to enhance, by a huge factor, the effective yield of sulforaphane.

There is an incredible amount of peer reviewed research on sulforaphane. I suggest you read some of it and reconsider your position.

Last, I have clearly made an effort NOT to promote this as a magic cure. Even if my own results are positive, this does not mean a universal benefit, or even if I have correctly isolated variables, and thus cannot make a legitimate claim that the addition of sulforaphane was the primary driver of improvement.

PostPosted: 2/12/17 Sunday, 1:26 am 
Master Member

Number of lipomas: 0
Dear Matt 1007,

please don't misunderstand me. I meant that we should be carefully when vegetable and other products been named that somebody found that they have beneficial aspects for such and such problem and selling this. I know that you don't do advertise vegetable or products. All supplements as chemical products have to be considered for what sickness they are been proofed. But let me tell you regarding to your LT shrinking.
From may own very long experiences with LT, I can tell you that we have up today no official reports that LT are do shrinking on it own. If you look on my blog: www.lipomaaktuell.blogspot.com.au "A serious disease or merely cosmetic" I have shown pictures of LT. What we today know is that some LT are flexible and can move. That means I you push them than they can change their position, and in some cases depended on the form of the LT you can feel a smaller part. This doesn't mean your LT has been shrinking. They only accurate follow up is using from time to time the ultra sound.

Regards

Klaus

PostPosted: 2/12/17 Sunday, 11:32 am 
Master Member

matt wrote:
Hey matt1007!
BroccoMax seems to be fairly cheap so I might give it a try.

if you have to eat 6-8 of these pills per day, 60 pills for 45$ isn't really cheap I'd say

PostPosted: 2/12/17 Sunday, 11:33 am 
Master Member

matt1007, please do post the process in details, I'm really curious

PostPosted: 2/12/17 Sunday, 5:45 pm 
Junior

Hello 251152,

Sure, I'll start taking photos tomorrow, as I start a new batch every other day.

It's very simple, and it's very inexpensive. Plus, you are getting a therapeutic level of sulforaphane.

Should take about a week to photograph the entire process.

PostPosted: 2/12/17 Sunday, 7:32 pm 
Junior

This is very interesting and a great bit of research by board members pulling all this information together. Plenty of information to research which I fully intend to do. In the meantime it would be great if matt1007 could continue to post all the information and pictures. Look forward to seeing how it all develops over the next few months.

PostPosted: 2/13/17 Monday, 12:27 pm 
Lipoma Guru

251152 wrote:
matt wrote:
Hey matt1007!
BroccoMax seems to be fairly cheap so I might give it a try.

if you have to eat 6-8 of these pills per day, 60 pills for 45$ isn't really cheap I'd say

The link I posted is a three-pack, so it's 180 pills. But you are correct, it might be different for different people. Still I think it's a lot cheaper than some of the other options.

Hi I'm Matt - the creator and owner of this site. I have dozens of small nasty lipomas all over. I've tried many treatments including surgery and Lipostabil injections. See my lipoma prevention supplement recommendations and please consider donating a small amount via PayPal (click the Donate button) to keep this site up and running. Thx!

PostPosted: 3/9/17 Thursday, 11:50 am 
Junior

A number of natural compounds with inhibitory effects on tumorigenesis have been identified from our diet. Several studies have documented the cancer-preventive activity of a significant number of isothiocyanates (ITCs), the majority of which occur in plants, especially in Cruciferous vegetables. The most characterized ITC is sulforaphane (SFN). SFN has received a great deal of attention because of its ability to simultaneously modulate multiple cellular targets involved in cancer development, including: (i) DNA protection by modulating carcinogen-metabolizing enzymes and blocking the action of mutagens; (ii) inhibition of cell proliferation and induction of apoptosis, thereby retarding or eliminating clonal expansion of initiated, transformed, and/or neoplastic cells; (iii) inhibition of neoangiogenesis, progression of benign tumors to malignant tumors, and metastasis formation. SFN is therefore able to prevent, delay, or reverse preneoplastic lesions, as well as to act on cancer cells as a therapeutic agent. Taking into account this evidence and its favorable toxicological profile, SFN can be viewed as a conceptually promising agent in cancer prevention and/or therapy.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/17134937