Tune in. Never miss
an important update!
Your Name
Your Email
Lipoma Board

An Ongoing Search For Lipoma Treatment And Lipoma Cure

What is Lipoma Board? A forum and community offering information, alternative treatments, resources and support concerning lipomas, lipomatosis and other related conditions. Surgery shouldn't be the only option! Lipomas are fatty tumors under the skin. Read more >>

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Triphala

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 9 posts ] 
  Print view | E-mail friend | Bump topic

turmeric
PostPosted: 7/11/11 Monday, 8:37 pm 
That's what I found here:
http://www.suite101.com/content/treatme ... ns-a177683

Some holistic practitioners believe that lipomas form because the body is not able to process fatty tissue. Herbalists suggest trying a liver detoxification diet and staying away from fattening, greasy foods that clog up the system. They also suggest seeing an acupuncturist to help improve the body's circulation and get rid of harmful toxins. One herb that may show promise in reducing lipomas is turmeric, which is known for its anti-inflammatory and antiseptic benefits. Turmeric is also highly recommended by veterinarians to reduce lipomas in dogs. Other herbs that may help reduce lipomas are Pau D’Arco, lecithin and chickweed. Patients should always check with their primary doctors before using any type of supplements for a medical condition.

I have never heard about turmeric used for lipomas...

best,
Danny

Report this post

Re: turmeric
PostPosted: 9/2/11 Friday, 9:53 am 
Here there are also some suggestions:
http://www.dailyglow.com/skin-care-tips ... tment.html

Report this post

PostPosted: 9/2/11 Friday, 10:34 am 
Site Admin

Yes, I posted about Turmeric / Curcumin as a Lipoma Treatment about a week ago. I'm currently thinking if I should buy some product from a natural product store.

BTW, all the treatments except the invasive ones (surgery, injections, liposuction, laser, ) in the link you provided are anti-fungal:

* Castor Oil derivatives are used in antifungal drugs such as Miconazole and Saperconazole
* Flax oil also contains lignans which have anti-viral, anti-bacterial, anti-fungal and anti-cancer properties
* Turmeric (Curcuma longa) inhibits yeast infection and 23 other fungi much more efficiently than fluconazole with reduced side effects
* Lemon Juice is thought to be anti-fungal and is used e.g. with toe nail fungal infections
* Better Diet it's thought that diet without sugar and carbs (white flour) is bad for fungi. It's common that doctors deny meat from cancer patients.

Report this post
 Profile Send private message  

PostPosted: 10/25/11 Tuesday, 6:15 am 
Tumeric isn't expensive, isn't considered harmful (if you have kidney stones it might be though), and as discussed before, there are many scientific clinical trials regarding potential of Tumeric.

This is an excerpt of an article at a natural website, but it was linked to by Sloan Kettering.

Quote:
TUMERIC
In vitro studies suggest that curcumin acts as a weak phytoestrogen (43), exhibits neuroprotective (42), antiproliferative and preventative effects against cancer (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (35). Furthermore, curcumin induces apoptosis in human colon cancer (14), promyelocytic leukemia cells (15), and inhibits growth of uterine leiomyosarcoma cells (45). Curcumin also potentiated gemcitabine action in both in vitro and in vivo studies of pancreatic cancer (17). In a phase II trial in pancreatic cancer patients, down-regulation of NF-kappa B and cyclooxygenase-2 were observed (29).
Oral administration is well tolerated, but bioavailability is relatively low (1) (2) (29). Following absorption, curcuminoids are rapidly metabolized. But a recent study in rats shows that bioavailability of curcumin can be increased when coadministered with piperine (38).

Animal studies indicate that curcumin may inhibit cyclophosphamide in treating breast cancer (16), but results from a recent, phase I trial found a combination of curcumin and docetaxel to be safe (36). More research is necessary, but it is advisable for cancer patients undergoing chemotherapy to limit intake of turmeric. Patients with gastrointestinal disorders or those predisposed to kidney stone formation (13) should use this supplement with caution.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Mechanism of Action
Turmeric has anti-inflammatory and choleretic actions. Both curcuminoids (curcumin) and volatile oils are responsible for the anti-inflammatory activity, which may be due to leukotriene inhibition. Curcuminoids induce glutathione S-transferase and are potent inhibitors of cytochrome P450. Turmeric acts as a free radical scavenger and antioxidant, inhibiting lipid peroxidation and oxidative DNA damage. It also inhibits activation of NF-kB 17, 20, c-jun/AP-1 function, and activation of the c-Jun NH2-terminal kinase (JNK) pathway.

In vitro and animal models of breast cancer show that turmeric may inhibit chemotherapy-induced apoptosis via inhibition of the JNK pathway and generation of reactive oxygen species (ROS). Studies also suggest that curcumin induces apoptosis in human colon cancer cells independent of p21 expression (14). In addition, in vitro and in vivo studies report that NF-kB-mediated resistance of cancer cells to gemcitabine and ɣ-radiation was repressed by curcumin administration (17) (21). In laboratory tests, curcumin's antitumor actions appear to be due to interactions with arachidonate metabolism and its in vivo antiangiogenic properties (16) (22). Another possible chemopreventive mechanism of curcumin maybe via binding and activating the vitamin D receptor (VDR), thereby protecting tissues such as small intestine and colon where VDRs are expressed and vitamin D is known to serve anticancer function (30). Curcumin inhibited uterine leiomyosarcoma cells' growth by targeting the AKT-mTOR pathway for inhibition (45).

http://www.mskcc.org/mskcc/html/69401.cfm

There is more on Tumeric at the site:
Scientific Name
Common Name
Clinical Summary
Purported uses
Constituents
Mechanism of Action
Pharmacokinetics
Warnings
Contraindications
Adverse Reactions
Herb-Drug Interactions
Literature Summary and Critique
References

Report this post

PostPosted: 11/14/11 Monday, 12:33 am 
I've been trying turmeric in pill form purchased from local drug store holland & barrat for a couple of months, has not made any difference in my casse

Ash

Report this post

PostPosted: 11/14/11 Monday, 11:02 am 
Master Member

Number of lipomas: 61-100
Hi there Ash,

thanks for your feedback. I too have been eating both resveratrol and turmeric for almost two months. Unfortunally I have to agree with you - I haven't notice any improvement. I will continue eating them as long as I have them - so maybe another month or so.

Btw what is your dosage? I started with 400 mg per day and now I take 1200-2400 mg. I had some stomach problems initially but they faded after a couple of weeks. Bought mine from IHerb.

Matt has dozens of small nasty lipomas all over. Has tried many treatments including surgery and Lipostabil injections. Open to any bit of information. Matt's lipoma prevention supplements. Matt uses Emu oil for scars. Latest test with Triphala.

Report this post

PostPosted: 1/26/12 Thursday, 8:19 pm 
Hi Matt,

http://www.hollandandbarrett.com/pages/ ... ic&rdcnt=1
I tried the ones on the above link and initially took 2 capsules a day as recommended. A few weeks I tried doubling the dosage to 4 a day, still no improvements, infect more appeared but I don't think that has anything to do with the turmeric. I've also tried beta glucan and various omega oil pills, still nothing. I guess I can give this water fasting a try but I think I lack will power in that dept especially living at parents home at the mo, get forced fed!

Eagerly waiting on Daryls formula from the other post. Hope that helps

Report this post

PostPosted: 2/29/12 Wednesday, 1:17 pm 
I am eating Turmeric, Neem for my life (34Yrs this jan).. but still I have these...One doctor suggested me taking Neem I tried with two bottol of neem two years back. No use.

Currently on Alkaline water and Lapis Alba 200c. for last 15-20 days... will check and post here. Some time eating cummin seeds and I heard it will dissolve fatty lumps..

Next my try is(After two months): Lemon and Honey mixture(Heard it will reduce weight so might affect lipomas) ....

Hope by then some out come from Darryl;s experiment..

So this is test for life it seems..

Report this post

PostPosted: 2/29/12 Wednesday, 1:26 pm 
Master Member

Number of lipomas: 61-100
Another thread about turmeric and lipomas here. It explains why it makes no sense to eat the ordinary turmeric.

Matt has dozens of small nasty lipomas all over. Has tried many treatments including surgery and Lipostabil injections. Open to any bit of information. Matt's lipoma prevention supplements. Matt uses Emu oil for scars. Latest test with Triphala.

Report this post

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 9 posts ]