Tune in. Never miss
an important update!
Your Name
Your Email
Lipoma Board

An Ongoing Search For Lipoma Treatment And Lipoma Cure

What is Lipoma Board? A forum and community offering information, alternative treatments, resources and support concerning lipomas, lipomatosis and other related conditions. Surgery shouldn't be the only option! Lipomas are fatty tumors under the skin. Read more >>

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Triphala

Print view | E-mail friend

Water Fasting Working!
PostPosted: 10/9/11 Sunday, 6:43 pm 
Yolanda wrote:
Water Fast Update - So I am on day 14 of my 21 day water fast and I have to say, lost of "crap" came out of me and I feel better. Lots of energy. The small Lipomas, less than a cm, on my right leg are gone. The large lipoma on my arm has shrunk 1 cm per my dr ultra sound. The dr said it may not go completely away during this fast, another may be needed or it may not go away at all depending on what my body thinks is most important to fix. But This is good news to me. The lipoma has definately flattened out. And this arm lipoma is "encapsulated" which makes it harder for the body to use not like the smaller ones in the leg.

Thanks Yolanda!!!!
That's a really good news...
We always know about fasting,but no one had tried it...
Maybe it's better to do 4/5 days every 2/3 months?
21 days are a lot and as the doctor say the ones you still have don't go away during this fasting...

Report this post

Re: This is how I cured my lipoma
PostPosted: 10/9/11 Sunday, 7:19 pm 
Yolanda, that is really, really great news. Can you please try to take photos for before and after comparison? Sure even photos can be photoshoped but it adds to the credibility of your claims. It's nothing personal there's just a lot of funny business online. My mantra as of late is "trust but verify".

Also, moderator matt, do you think it would better if Yolanda's treatment had her own thread so we can consolidate her progress and treatments so they will be easier to follow and less confusing here? Just a thought. Thanks.

HB

Report this post

Re: Water Fasting Working!
PostPosted: 10/10/11 Monday, 6:03 am 
Master Member

Number of lipomas: 61-100
HB, your wish is my command! ;)

Wow, this sounds very interesting. I must say I've noticed that my lipomas have gotten softer while I have sometimes eaten only sallads for awhile but I have never thought it would be the way to cure my lipomas? And to do that just in two weeks sounds astonishing! I think it's possible there's some truth behind it though...

Yolanda has probably read this from the internet:

Quote:
All three Fathers of Western Medicine fasted and prescribed it, because it DOES address the root causes of diseases. In his book, "Fasting And Eating For Health," Joel Fuhrman, M.D., writes, p. 176: "Fasting is a safe and effective approach for not only fibroid tumors, but also for most noncancerous tumors. Nasal polyps, lipomas, benign ovarian tumors, and benign tumors of the breast often respond favorably to therapeutic fasting, especially when the person is not very overweight."

This study states that caloric restriction has been shown to have anti-cancer properties and they say that intermittent fasting had no beneficial influence to the prostate tumor growth.

Maybe this something we should consider? I mean two weeks is a relatively short period and there should be no danger in it if done properly.

Matt has dozens of small nasty lipomas all over. Has tried many treatments including surgery and Lipostabil injections. Open to any bit of information. Matt's lipoma prevention supplements. Matt uses Emu oil for scars. Latest test with Triphala.

Report this post
 Profile Send private message  

PostPosted: 10/10/11 Monday, 7:19 am 
Cool, Matt, thanks! :) It's encuraging to be with a community of people working hard to find answers.

My feeling about fasting is yes it probably helps but not eating is unsustainable. People will eventually need to eat calories again to live (which might bring the lipomas back??). And the fact that there are millions of people (Americans) eating tons of processed foods who don't have any lipomas, I'm very skeptical fasting will remove lipomas of any shape of size.

Quote:
The small Lipomas, less than a cm, on my right leg are gone.
-Yolanda

Yolanda, please, make me believe you. Because I really don't believe you lost any lipomas. I don't mean to sound negative. It's just the claim that your small lipomas are "gone" is undocumented, not just by you, but any living person on the face of the planet—never been successfully documented. Medical doctors say it can't be done without surgery. You have to take the time to document with before photos, video, medical doctor testimony, whatever... otherwise it's just anecdotal, a story and that doesn't cut it. There's too much BS out there :evil:. Please document the best you can offering some sort of proof.

Need server space to place your photos? Go to http://dropbox.com and you'll get 2 gigs of free file space. Need video, create an anonymous account on YouTube.

Report this post

PostPosted: 10/10/11 Monday, 7:41 am 
Master Member

You are right that we do have to eat at some point and I guess you are right that lipomas would come back then. But still if water fasting has any decreasing effect to any lipoma, it would be revolutionary! I find it difficult to believe too but why would someone say so? Yolanda hasn't so far tried to sell us anything and it is not too dangerous to do water fasting for a couple of weeks. I hope you do not depend too much on the medical world for bringing us all the right information since that doesn't happen very often.

BTW it's possible to upload images directly to the posts too. There's an "Upload attachment" option tab below the input field. I think there's a size limit though (1024px / 700px).

Matt has dozens of small nasty lipomas all over. Has tried many treatments including surgery and Lipostabil injections. Open to any bit of information. Matt's lipoma prevention supplements. Matt uses Emu oil for scars. Latest test with Triphala.

Report this post

PostPosted: 10/10/11 Monday, 8:57 pm 

Yolanda we need more info from you!

What kind of lipomas did you have? Soft? Hard rubbery?

Who was the doctor that helped you?

Please give more info about the fast you did.

Report this post

PostPosted: 11/7/11 Monday, 9:38 pm 
I did something like this for a month, although it wasn't intentional (got caught up with school work). Ended up going a month barely eating anything, but tons of water. Maybe had 1 meal a week. Not sure if it's the same thing, but did not notice any decrease in size or number. Did lose 30 pounds though and am somehow keeping that weight off even though I've been eating a lot again.

Report this post

PostPosted: 11/21/11 Monday, 5:11 am 
Regular

Number of lipomas: 11-30
gphillups wrote:
I did something like this for a month, although it wasn't intentional (got caught up with school work). Ended up going a month barely eating anything, but tons of water. Maybe had 1 meal a week. Not sure if it's the same thing, but did not notice any decrease in size or number. Did lose 30 pounds though and am somehow keeping that weight off even though I've been eating a lot again.

When some one looses 30 pounds, I thought lipomas become more prominent ?

After doing some googling about water fasting, I really want to try water fasting. Though I still have to do some more research to do it right and find right timing to start this.

I am thinking of doing 7 day water fasting once for every 2 months. Any one thinking of doing water fasting ?

Report this post

PostPosted: 11/22/11 Tuesday, 6:00 am 

Number of lipomas: 2-10
If you take a vitamin you can last a lomg time, you will obviously always be hungry, and prolly have a hunger headache alot, get low blood pressue or high.

Report this post

PostPosted: 12/7/11 Wednesday, 12:00 am 
I just want to insert my experience here. I have multiple lipomas ALL over my body. Probably 40+ I have a few very large ones on my back, a lot of medium sized ones on my ribcage, and random ones on my stomach and legs, arms, etc...everywhere.

I went through a period of 7 months where I was running 6+ miles a day, not drinking anything but water and occassional juice, NO alcohol, no fats, no sweets, eating VERY clean, and all my lipomas significantly reduced in size, some even went away almost completely. Then I fell off the healthy bandwagon and went back to heavy drinking and not watching what I eat, and they came right back, plus more showed up. Long story short, I know for a fact having a clean diet free of unprocessed foods and too much heavy animal protein, low low carbs, and lots of water combined with regular vigorous exercise, WILL reduce lipomas.

Fast Forward to the present, I just did a bunch of research on fasting, and am currently on day 4 of a water fast in hopes that if I fast for long enough and stay in ketosis, my body will begin to break down the lipomas on its own. I have found articles and evidence citing that this will happen, so I am very optimistic. Fasting definitely detoxes your body, and cleanses the system, and I would recommend it to anyone who has trouble with diet. Fasting also resets the body so that your cravings for junk food and other addictions dimish, if not disappear completely.

In short, I am confident that lipomas are a product of stress and build up of toxins in our body. If we can change our lifestyle and our eating and exercise habits, you CAN reverse the process, but it takes strong will power and determination and perseverance. So I urge you to try it. If I can do this, you can too!

Report this post

PostPosted: 12/8/11 Thursday, 8:08 am 
Master Member

Hi there and thanks for your contribution!

Water fasting is definitely something I will try sometime. It will not kill me and it doesn't cost me a penny which makes it a great option.

Some have previously claimed that the lipomas do not actually shrink but the fat around them so it might therefore look like the lipoma has actually shrunk.

They also claim that it isn't possible to shrink lipomas by fasting because lipomas are outside of the "normal" metabolism.

I think differently but I have no proofs yet so I really rely upon other's opinions here.

I wish you will post more later of how your diet advances.

Report this post

PostPosted: 12/8/11 Thursday, 1:57 pm 

Guest wrote:
I have found articles and evidence citing that this will happen, so I am very optimistic. Fasting definitely detoxes your body, and cleanses the system, and I would recommend it to anyone who has trouble with diet. Fasting also resets the body so that your cravings for junk food and other addictions dimish, if not disappear completely.

Intresting info there. A number of sources (links etc) would be greatly appreciated so we can look more into it.

Report this post

PostPosted: 1/27/12 Friday, 7:56 pm 
I wanted to revive this thread and see if anyone has had any new experiences with water fasting. I am thinking of trying it for five days with lemon juice and water. However, I think I just love food too much to try it without hearing more results.

Report this post

PostPosted: 1/27/12 Friday, 10:05 pm 

Allan wrote:
I wanted to revive this thread and see if anyone has had any new experiences with water fasting. I am thinking of trying it for five days with lemon juice and water. However, I think I just love food too much to try it without hearing more results.

Hey Allan,

I wouldn't expect much anyway...

I admit that i am really pissed with those that come here and say YAY FOUND SOLUTION IT WORKS!! And then we don't hear from them for a damn long time. I can think of 3 thing happening: 1st he/she found a cure to get rid of their problem, don't give a damn about the rest and do not post any further info 2nd they post this stuff to make themselves feel better cause they are in depression or something like that 3rd they try to sell or promote stuff using this alternative way.

To the people out there: WE NEED F**KING UPDATES!!

(sorry language :lol:)

Report this post

PostPosted: 1/28/12 Saturday, 5:06 am 
Regular

Or SJohn, the person didn't have lipomas but something else.

Until a person has at least one lipoma removed, there's no certainty that they have lipomas.

Remember one fellow who posted in here that he had a lump on his neck and the doctors did not do a biopsy.
They told him it was a lipoma . No removal.
It turned out to be cancer.

Report this post

PostPosted: 1/28/12 Saturday, 10:13 am 

Laura Roslin wrote:
Or SJohn, the person didn't have lipomas but something else.

Yes you're right, this case also exists. The post was a bit biased, not unjustified though.

Last edited by sjohn on Tue Jan 31, 2012 3:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Report this post

PostPosted: 1/31/12 Tuesday, 4:42 am 
You're right sjhon there may not be anything to this.

One thing I was considering is doing a juice fast and because I hear so much about these being liver related, focusing on fruits and vegetables that cleanse the liver. Its just an idea I had, my only fear is that I will lose weight with the fast and the lipomas will stay the same making them even more visible. :D

Report this post

PostPosted: 1/31/12 Tuesday, 2:07 pm 

Allan wrote:
You're right sjhon there may not be anything to this.

One thing I was considering is doing a juice fast and because I hear so much about these being liver related, focusing on fruits and vegetables that cleanse the liver. Its just an idea I had, my only fear is that I will lose weight with the fast and the lipomas will stay the same making them even more visible. :D

I want to try fasting but it is hard to do it if you're working, studing or basically if you are doing something in an everyday basis. In order to fast like this u must have at least one week off from everything.

Report this post

PostPosted: 3/14/12 Wednesday, 12:45 am 
Master Member

Caught my eye:

Fasting Weakens Cancer in Mice

Quote:
While normal cells deprived of nutrients enter a dormant state similar to hibernation, the researchers saw that the cancer cells tried to make new proteins and took other steps to keep growing and dividing.

The result, Longo said, was a "cascade of events" that led to the creation of damaging free radical molecules, which broke down the cancer cells' own DNA and caused their destruction.

"The cell is, in fact, committing cellular suicide. What we're seeing is that the cancer cell tries to compensate for the lack of all these things missing in the blood after fasting. It may be trying to replace them, but it can't," Longo said.
"A way to beat cancer cells may not be to try to find drugs that kill them specifically but to confuse them by generating extreme environments, such as fasting that only normal cells can quickly respond to," Longo said.

Report this post

PostPosted: 4/1/12 Sunday, 12:43 am 

Number of lipomas: 11-30
I am having success with a cleanse and supplementation. I have had surgical removal, lipase supplementation, and have been my own guinea pig for 30 years. The fasting idea makes perfect sense as the body will begin to consume a foreign subcutaneous substance first when going into starvation mode- however-I think water-fasting especially for any length of time is counterproductive. Personally, the changes in size and number of my lipomas over the years have followed a distinct hormone pattern. Remember that Estrogen and Testosterone are only a couple of well known hormones- Thyroid and Insulin are ridiculously big players. I detox and cleanse to reset a hormone imbalance. The reduction in size has been significant after the first 4 days. The cleanse I prefer is attributed to Dr. Bernard Jensen.

Report this post