triamcinolone acetonide

Talk about anything and everything related to lipomas and related healthcare issues here.

Moderator: matt

fabio

triamcinolone acetonide

Post by fabio » Fri Dec 21, 2012 3:05 pm

hi
after reading an article about how doctors in italy have used triamcinolone acetonide
injections to treat successfully lipomas in dogs. i found that this drug is availibale
in the form of a topical cream to treat various skin disorders. i am thinking of
trying this product on my lipomas. what is your opinion on this? thanks.
matt
Lipoma Guru
Number of lipomas: 61-100

Re: triamcinolone acetonide

Post by matt » Fri Dec 21, 2012 5:48 pm

Hi, thanks for posting fabio! Is the article available on the net? I'd like to see it since I know very little about triamcinolone acetonide.

There's are a couple of threads about triamcinolone acetonide in which we have previously shortly discussed about steroid injections as possible treatments. But I have not heard that topical use would help to shrink lipomas.
Hi I'm Matt - the creator and owner of this site. I have dozens of small nasty lipomas all over. I've tried many treatments including surgery and Lipostabil injections. See my lipoma prevention supplement recommendations and please consider donating a small amount via PayPal (click the Donate button) to keep this site up and running. Thx!
fabio

Post by fabio » Sat Dec 22, 2012 5:15 pm

hi matt
i read about triamcinolone acetonide on these websites
www.ncbi.nih.gov/pubmed/23226250
click link out then click public library of science for full text

or
www.aafp.org/afp/2002/0301/p901.html
matt
Lipoma Guru
Number of lipomas: 61-100

Post by matt » Mon Sep 16, 2013 10:58 am

Yes, it looks like the injection of Triamcinolone Acetonide has worked.
Lipomas were injected with triamcinolone acetonide 40 mg/ml (kenacort®; Bristol-Myers Squibb). A 1-mL or 2-mL syringe with a 22-gauge needle was used to inject the solution transcutaneously at the centre of the lipoma guided by ultrasound. The volume of the steroid injection depended on the size of the lesion: 0.5 mL for small lipomas (<3 cm in diameter); 1 mL for large lipomas (>3 cm in diameter). When the lipoma measured more than 3 cm, two injections of 0.5 mL were made in two sites along the major axis of the lesion. If there were no signs of lipoma regression, the procedure was repeated one month later.
After only one injection to a group of canine lipomas 9 out of 15 responded by a total regression. A few more responded in a reduction in size.

Triacinolone Acetonide is a synthetic corticosteroid and is often used to treat tuberculosis or fungal, bacterial, systemic viral or herpes simplex infections.
Hi I'm Matt - the creator and owner of this site. I have dozens of small nasty lipomas all over. I've tried many treatments including surgery and Lipostabil injections. See my lipoma prevention supplement recommendations and please consider donating a small amount via PayPal (click the Donate button) to keep this site up and running. Thx!
matteo23

Post by matteo23 » Mon Sep 16, 2013 4:14 pm

I think that putting it on your skin wont be effective since it wont pass trought the skin and reach lipomas.
But who knows.... let is know if you try it and see any shrikage.
tyota
Number of lipomas: 100+

Post by tyota » Mon Sep 16, 2013 9:37 pm

Could you use this with DMSO to tranfer it through the skin?
It seems like DMSO just may be the key to getting these treatments throught the skin and to the tumors.
mickey224
Regular
Number of lipomas: 11-30

Post by mickey224 » Sun Oct 04, 2015 1:33 am

Why is this thread even open? Triamcinolone 40mg/ml is an extremely potent steroid. It will exhibit an immunomodulatory effect on anything it comes in contact with. If you put it directly on your skin, it will thin your skin and possibly destroy skin pigment. This is NOT something you want to apply topically!

All the scientific studies show doctors using 10mg/ml format for subcutaneous injection in lipomas on a monthly basis. Of course the 40mg/ml worked in dogs, because it is so potent-- but it's quite likely that it caused atrophy in surrounding tissue as well.

Last bumped by Anonymous on Sun Oct 04, 2015 1:33 am.