Beta Glucan

What treatments are you having success with? Discuss diet, detoxification, alternative treatments, and anything else! This is also the place for the ongoing discussion of liposuction and other surgical techniques.

Moderator: matt

Lurker99

Beta Glucan

Post by Lurker99 » Tue May 24, 2011 5:37 pm

A few years ago I tried a month of oat beta glucan. I can't remember the dosage but I believe that I doubled the recommended amount on the bottle. It seemed to soften the lipomas.
matt
Lipoma Guru
Number of lipomas: 61-100

Re: Beta Glucan

Post by matt » Mon Jul 04, 2011 4:04 am

Hi Lurker99!

Thanks for your contribution :)

I remember reading something about beta glucans but I have not tested it myself. As far as I know it seems to help some. I'd like to read some medical studies about it so if someone knows any, please post. Also if somebody has any other comments on beta glucans, please share.
Hi I'm Matt - the creator and owner of this site. I have dozens of small nasty lipomas all over. I've tried many treatments including surgery and Lipostabil injections. See my lipoma prevention supplement recommendations and please consider donating a small amount via PayPal (click the Donate button) to keep this site up and running. Thx!
matt
Lipoma Guru
Number of lipomas: 61-100

Post by matt » Mon Dec 19, 2011 8:59 am

I think this is one of those subjects which has been given too little attention. I forgot beta glucans for awhile but have since studied them some more. Some are suggesting in the internet that there have been beneficial effects towards lipomas. Some claim to have even cured some lipomas.

But why would beta glucans help?

Of all the natural compounds known to stimulate the innate immune system, the best documented and most effective are the 1-3, 1-6 beta glucans, generally derived from brewer’s yeast. These molecules activate the innate immune system very strongly. Macrophages have receptors that specifically recognise 1-3, 1-6 beta glucans because they occur in the cell walls of many bacteria and fungi. This means that when you ingest beta glucans your innate immune system thinks, not unreasonably, that an enemy has arrived and it rises to the challenge. This important first line of defence is now fully activated and several well-conducted research papers have shown that resistance to infection is greatly enhanced.

So by eating beta glucans you can boost up your immune system and the antitumor effect of the macrophages. BTW it's interesting that microorganisms such as bacteria and fungi secret beta glucans too.

Macrophages are capable of infiltrating tumors so it's likely that they are the first line of defense against the spread of tumors. Macrophages are one of the principal cell types involved in natural immunity, they swallow-up foreign particles and destroy or process them. They also release enzymes, and other substances that kill microbes and tumor cells and thus control the spread of infection.

These enzymes are so strong that they can damage even the normal tissue causing inflammation and pain.

I have learned also that beta glucans are similar to polysaccharides. So both are considered as immune system boosters.

There is no known toxicity for an oral dose of the purified form of beta glucans so it might be something to consider about.
Hi I'm Matt - the creator and owner of this site. I have dozens of small nasty lipomas all over. I've tried many treatments including surgery and Lipostabil injections. See my lipoma prevention supplement recommendations and please consider donating a small amount via PayPal (click the Donate button) to keep this site up and running. Thx!

Post by guest » Mon Dec 19, 2011 8:10 pm

Thats very interesting to know Matt. How do you know all these stuff?

So whats the deal, would you like any of us to try Beta glucan? If yes, do you recommend any safe dosage or any trustworthy brand of beta glucan that we can consider buying?

I was waiting of Darryl to respond on his cure thread, but Im losing hope. Was debating in my mind about getting started with Klaus method. Let us know Matt.

Post by guest » Fri Sep 14, 2012 11:37 am

guest wrote:Thats very interesting to know Matt. How do you know all these stuff?

So whats the deal, would you like any of us to try Beta glucan? If yes, do you recommend any safe dosage or any trustworthy brand of beta glucan that we can consider buying?

I was waiting of Darryl to respond on his cure thread, but Im losing hope. Was debating in my mind about getting started with Klaus method. Let us know Matt.
I hear that nsc 24.com is a trustworthy brand of beta glucan. Also, try betaglucan.org for research.
Last edited by matt on Mon Mar 12, 2012 1:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: My recommendation is IHerb: http://www.iherb.com/Healthy-Origins-EpiCor-500-mg-150-Capsules/8352?at=0&rcode=pik605

Last bumped by Anonymous on Fri Sep 14, 2012 11:37 am.