Ketogenic diet solution

What treatments are you having success with? Discuss diet, detoxification, alternative treatments, and anything else! This is also the place for the ongoing discussion of liposuction and other surgical techniques.

Moderator: matt

keto_guest

Ketogenic diet solution

Post by keto_guest » Sun Jan 01, 2012 9:03 am

Anyone tried Ketogenic diet? The Ketogenic diet is basically a diet that will switch your body's metabolic system into producing Ketones breaking down the fats and consume for energy. Normal diet is carbs to glycogen and consumed as energy.

A sample ketogenic diet ratio is 50%Fat : 40%Protein : 10%Carbohydrates.

This will switch your body into depending fat for energy in a couple of days. This is basically what Atkin's diet with some guidelines. Many bodybuilders use this diet to lower the fat percentage. It is a fun diet to be honest, though it will be hard at the beginning.

Your sample meal will be like, a huge lambshank, and some lettice. Or a 8oz stake with butter and some lettice.

I want to know, if this diet will cause anyone any lipomas or stop producing the lipomas. Because, this is debatable.

It is being argued that excess carbs are the primary reason that spike the insulin and then unused energy is being stored as fat. Now, lipomas are basically matured fat cells forming into lipomas.

Now, when we dont depend on carb/glycogen, but the body is burning Ketones, which is basically fat being broken down, and always fats are consumed for energy, and watching the daily intake, of no excess fat, no excess protein based on your body...my understanding is, we won't be giving a chance for the body to store any fat. When we dont store fat, where will the body find the mature fat cells. Almost all the lipomas are mature fat cells.

Interesting fact : I worked out since my early 20s, and my diet used to carbs. Later I switched to Keto diet a 1.5 years ago. And I noticed I lost tons of fat, and got a new body/look. But, the lipomas just begun noticeable. Because of the lower fat percentage. I started to get more lipomas 3 years ago, that were very under the skin. But as soon as did the keto diet, loss of fat occured and they became noticebale. I stopped this diet 3 months ago, and switched to carbs because I was on a vacation. And then stopped watching what I ate, and kept eating more carbs. I started to notice a few more new lipomas growing.

So, even if my body genetically started to trigger the growth of new lipomas, did Ketogenic diet put it on hold?
Anyone willing to debate or have similar experiences trying Atkins or Ketogenic diet please share.
sjohn

Re: Ketogenic diet solution

Post by sjohn » Sun Jan 01, 2012 1:23 pm

I have no intention to troll on your post but there are a few points that must be noted. The problem with this diet is that most heavy metals and generally a lot of toxins are lipophilic so you have to make sure that the fat comes from 100% organic sources. And by organic source i mean a real person(farmer etc) that you know and trust. Be very carefull about the fat that you eat and don't take this lightly.

http://www.springerlink.com/content/8154m32170g8m807/
http://www.detoxacademy.org/pdfs/pronat.pdf
http://www.acceleratedcure.org/download ... agents.pdf
keto_guest

Post by keto_guest » Sun Jan 01, 2012 2:17 pm

That's very interesting and awareness creating view John. But, I was wondering if we start to be careful about getting our sources from the organic farmers, shouldn't we have to worry about everything else that we eat, regardless of what diet we are following?

Like if you go to any restaurant and order steak, I doubt they meat is organic.

Did you mean in "general" that we need to be careful with this diet and our fat sources OR considering heavy metals being the main cause of the formation of lipomas, (which we are not sure about yet, some say genetic) this is going to be a problem.

I'd like to know more about your view.
sjohn

Post by sjohn » Sun Jan 01, 2012 11:27 pm

keto_guest wrote:Did you mean in "general" that we need to be careful with this diet and our fat sources OR considering heavy metals being the main cause of the formation of lipomas, (which we are not sure about yet, some say genetic) this is going to be a problem.
Hello keto-guest,

My comment was, as you say a general remark about fat and this diet. That's because it is not easy to get rid of the toxins or other harmfull lipophilic substances that are located inside the fat tissue of an animal or even a fish. The only thing you can do about it is to be carefull where you get your meat from. Of course there won't be a problem to enjoy a steak in a good restaurant! But consider how many times a month do you enjoy a steak in a restaurant? If someone follows this diet, as i see it, you need an everyday source of fat right? That's why i say that you must be carefull about it cause you will eat it everyday and not 2-4 times a month which is recommended by other diets, such as the mediterranean diet. So your body might not be able to get rid of bad stuff cause of overaccumulation of it. But then again, this is just my view.

EDIT. There is some info about what i am talking about in this site http://www.natural-weight-loss-myths-re ... n-fat.html (just got it with a quick google search). Here they claim that the toxins might even have a negative effect in weight loss.
matt
Lipoma Guru
Number of lipomas: 61-100

Post by matt » Mon Jan 02, 2012 9:18 am

And we have to remember that although we are said that lipomas are basically just fat they are still tumors. A tumorous growths are not suspect to normal metabolism. So eventhough you lose some weight you will most likely still have your lipomas.

Now there's one thread here that praises water fasting but I'm not too sure about it either. Haven't tried it though.

Lipoma cells are not normal, they are tumor cells which do not behave like normal fat cells. Most of us also have encapsulated fibrous lipomas which furthermore makes the metabolism more difficult.

All this is not to say it doesn't matter what we eat. It has a great influence. We are lacking so many products today which we ate still in early last century. Our current fruits and vegetables are unnaturally growth in extreme speeds and with many fertilizers.

Bananas and oranges are actually shipped as raw and matured on their way in a cargo ship. That doesn't sound very normal.

Pretty much all foods are today somehow touched by the food industry. This has got to have some effects to our bodies.

I believe the diet keto_guest posted is more natural to us than the high carb diet we are told to obey.
Hi I'm Matt - the creator and owner of this site. I have dozens of small nasty lipomas all over. I've tried many treatments including surgery and Lipostabil injections. See my lipoma prevention supplement recommendations and please consider donating a small amount via PayPal (click the Donate button) to keep this site up and running. Thx!
keto_guest

Post by keto_guest » Mon Jan 02, 2012 12:54 pm

Exactly Matt. The big pharma basically made people believe that high carb is the way to go. But ancient humans only had meat and even before the formation of agriculture or the beginning of civilization and they survived eating what they killed.

I honestly believe high carbs are the main reason for many health related issues when diets that have natural fats included are good for you. I've read many articles say you need eat fat to burn fat. This diet is what we basically followed a long time ago, before all these enriched carbs, artificial flavors, toxicity filled oils and fast food, it scares me to hear about oranges being matured on the fly. :(

I am fully aware of the fact that burning almost all the fat in the body will still have no influence on the lipomas, however my thought was, when you dont have the normal fat accumulation which in the future turns into the fat tumor (mature adipose tissue)
maybe we could limit some of the new lipomas.

However Sjohn brought up some awareness and I will switch to organic only for my fat and meat supplies. Its gonna be very hard and one expensive life style though.

If anyone tried this diet and saw how it affected their lipomas in anyway, please share.
sjohn

Post by sjohn » Mon Jan 02, 2012 8:36 pm

keto_guest wrote:I honestly believe high carbs are the main reason for many health related issues when diets that have natural fats included are good for you. I've read many articles say you need eat fat to burn fat. This diet is what we basically followed a long time ago, before all these enriched carbs, artificial flavors, toxicity filled oils and fast food, it scares me to hear about oranges being matured on the fly.
As you say, in order to burn fat you have to eat fat. I also believe that high carb and high sugar intake is the cause of a lot of health problems.
SM

Post by SM » Wed Jan 04, 2012 2:21 pm

Hello,

I too am a sufferer of multiple lypomas (best guess is over 40). As I get older, they are multiplying faster, getting bigger and becoming more painful. A few years ago I followed the Atkins diet for my yearly observance of Lent (for those who do not know, Lent is something Catholics do each year, normally giving up eating or doing something they like. That year I chose to do something a little unorthodox). Anyway, I did this diet for the 6.5 weeks of Lent. I tried to conduct before and after studies of my lypomas, thinking it might have a positive effect on them (ie. cause them to shrink). Unfortunately my measurements were not done scientifically enough, so I cannot comment positively on whether they shrank or not. However, I can comment on the fact that they did not bother me anymore as far as the pain went. I do think some may of also gotten smaller, but again I don't have proper stats to back this claim up. All I know is that going into Ketosis did seem to have an effect on my Lypomas. While I now think diet alone is not a cure (and one has to be careful about diets like this as they can be harmful if not done properly. One should always talk to their doctor first before entering such endeavors), I do feel it is part of the solution. Hopefully a proper diet, along with some of the solutions provided by the informal clinical studies being conducted on this site might give most if not all of us some hope for the future. Thought I would share the little info I had on the subject. Thanks, and good luck all.

SM
keto_guest

Post by keto_guest » Fri Sep 14, 2012 11:30 am

Beautiful! SM. Thank you for sharing your experience. I am going to go clean, already found some organic communities that is going to direct me to the endless supplies of organic meat and products. I am gonna follow this diet for at least 4 months and I will report back if I notice change in the lipomas.

Last bumped by Anonymous on Fri Sep 14, 2012 11:30 am.