Lipoma Treatment with Serrapeptase Enzyme

What treatments are you having success with? Discuss diet, detoxification, alternative treatments, and anything else! This is also the place for the ongoing discussion of liposuction and other surgical techniques.

Moderator: matt

matt
Lipoma Guru
Number of lipomas: 61-100

Lipoma Treatment with Serrapeptase Enzyme

Post by matt » Mon Mar 28, 2011 10:32 am

I found reference to Serrapeptase enzyme from another site and that it might help to treat lipomas. I did some research and the enzyme is well studied with no or little side effects. There are no studies made to treat lipomas as far as I know and the enzyme is actually for removing dead tissue. Lipomas are not dead but mostly living fat cells.

But I have previously been treated with Lipostabil injections and had a couple of those treated surgically removed. The plastic surgeon found out that some parts of the lipomas were in necrosis (dead tissue). So maybe this enzyme might help to remove this tissue more efficiently? Don't know but since it shouldn't have any side effects, I might as well try. Serrapeptase is also supposed to have an anti-inflammatory and pain relieving effect and it should help the body to remove any inflamed tissue from the body. The products doesn't seem to bee too expensive.

I'll order it and let you know later did I notice anything.
matt
Lipoma Guru

Re: Lipoma Treatment with Serrapeptase Enzyme

Post by matt » Mon Mar 28, 2011 11:29 am

Serrapeptase (also known as serralysin, serratiapeptase, serratia peptidase, serratio peptidase or serratiopeptidase) is a Proteolytic enzyme (breaks proteins down into peptides and amino acids) originally discovered in the digestive system of the silk worm.

As I went through some other sites I found out that some people have had some results also with enzymes like Bromelain and Nattokinase. These enzymes, along with the serrapeptase, are capable of dissolving dead tissue such as fibrin. Subcutaneous lipomas are often encapsulated by a thin fibrous layer. So there might be something behind this for those suffering from encapsulated lipomas, although they might be beneficial for other lipoma related conditions as well. At least they are suggested of being pain relieving.

Dr. Karen Herbst, famous for lipoma sufferers for her work with Dercum's disease, has this to say on her page: http://www.lipomadoc.org/madelungs-disease.html
Try taking pancreatic enzymes on an empty stomach. It is not clear why they work and most traditional physicians like me don’t use them much in practice except if one has pancreatic enzyme deficiency. There is, however, some interesting data on an enzyme supplement called serrapeptidase or serratia peptidase (SP). In a number of studies and conditions, SP appears to have anti-inflammatory, anti-edemic and fibrinolytic (breaks up fibrin) activity when taken by mouth. In pill form, SP is destroyed by acid in the stomach and therefore need to be enteric coated where it is passed to the intestine and absorbed.

This is a nice article of the Serrapeptase: http://www.mnwelldir.org/docs/reviews/SP-Zyme.htm
Wikipedia: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Serratiopeptidase
matt
Lipoma Guru

Post by matt » Tue Apr 05, 2011 5:46 pm

I received my serrapeptase about a week ago. I started taking two 100 000 IU per day. The pills have a coating so they should pass stomach and dissolve from my bowel. The can says I should only take one per day but I'm a big man so I think I'll continue with two per day. So far I haven't noticed any change but I think if I mix different treatments it might be beneficial after some time.

And hey, I've had these lipomas for at least 15 years, I have time to wait even if it takes another 15 years.

Let's wait a month and see again.
Hi I'm Matt - the creator and owner of this site. I have dozens of small nasty lipomas all over. I've tried many treatments including surgery and Lipostabil injections. See my lipoma prevention supplement recommendations and please consider donating a small amount via PayPal (click the Donate button) to keep this site up and running. Thx!
matt
Lipoma Guru

Post by matt » Mon May 09, 2011 2:01 pm

I've been eating my Serrapeptase casules for some weeks now. No distinguishable changes whatsoever on my lipomas. The supplement was quite pricy (around 40 euros or 55 dollars per 90 capsules) so I would expect it to have some magical effects on me. Unfortunally nothing has happened. It might be that I'm taking too little as I'm consuming only one capsule per day. I will eat all those capsules though and report to you later.
Hi I'm Matt - the creator and owner of this site. I have dozens of small nasty lipomas all over. I've tried many treatments including surgery and Lipostabil injections. See my lipoma prevention supplement recommendations and please consider donating a small amount via PayPal (click the Donate button) to keep this site up and running. Thx!
kayker

Post by kayker » Wed May 25, 2011 12:29 am

First of all, thanks Matt for creating and monitoring this forum. I'm very interested in the experience of others regarding lipoma to assist in my own knowledge of them. My journey with the nasty buggers began in my early 30's. I had one pea sized hard nodule that I believed resulted from an extended bout of strep throat/sinus infection. It didn't bother me at all except at times of flare up....which was when I had a virus or bacterial infection....when it became tender and inflamed......which my physician assured me was not happening because lipomas don't hurt. hmmm.... That was pretty much the whole story until I hit about 50. I started to have pain in my legs and began to notice "thickened" areas, most likely fat deposits. They were tender and sore. In rapid succession I noticed many more behind my knees along my tendons. Mostly gelatinous, movable lumps, but a few hard nodules as well. Once flare ups went away, pain stopped. Doc told me it's probably best NOT to remove them surgically as they tend to come back and further multiply. So, now, at 55, I have close to 100 lipomas and fat deposits, which may be the same thing.They are in my legs, feet, abdomen, breasts, arms and chest. Probably more I haven't found. I'm slightly overweight by about 10-12 pounds, not obese. I eat fairly healthy, though I do crave sugar. I exercise on the treadmill and with weights approx 4-5 times weekly. Have tried gluten free, detox diets, "fat busters to boost metabolism" various supplements and lotions. The only thing I had found to help in any way was castor oil packs. Though they only softened the lipomas, but did not remove them. After reading your forum and doing some research I decided to try the Serrapeptase. I've so far (2 months) been pleased with my progress. Mostly softening, but a few of them seem to have vanished and I have much less pain....though the ones that are in areas of irritation such as under bra straps or waist band of pants seem to be the same. I'm encouraged by this and will continue this treatment and maybe increase the dose to see if that might help. I'll keep you posted.
matt
Lipoma Guru

Post by matt » Mon Jul 11, 2011 1:36 am

Hi kayker!

This sounds interesting since I have mostly thought that Serrapeptase does not affect to my lipomas. Of course I cannot be sure since I'm simultaneously eating the apricot seeds. I started eating apricot seeds somewhat 2-3 weeks before Serrapeptase and I noticed my lipomas softening even then. So far I have considered Serrapeptase to be quite expensive compared to it's effects but I might just give it another thought after your post!

Thanks, and please keep us posted about your progress!
Durable
Regular

Post by Durable » Tue Jul 12, 2011 8:27 pm

what do you pay for Serrapeptase? capsules? how many and what price? any link to the site?
lipase deficiency lipoma

Post by lipase deficiency lipoma » Tue Aug 02, 2011 11:45 pm

good site: http://www.buzzle.com/articles/lipase-deficiency.html

There seems to be a correlation between lipase deficiency and lipoma development. Here is an excerpt from the above site:

Deficiency of lipase can manifest in several symptoms. The most common symptoms associated with the deficiency of lipase are, muscle spasms, acne, arthritis, gall bladder stress and formation of gallstones, bladder problems and cystitis. High cholesterol level, high urine sugar level, heart problems, prostate problems, hay fever, spastic colon, psoriasis, constipation, diarrhea, urinary weakness, varicose veins and development of lipoma under skin can be some other symptoms of lipase deficiency.
Durable
Regular

Post by Durable » Wed Aug 03, 2011 8:47 pm

matt:

how is the treatment going? you haven't filled us in since like march?
matt
Lipoma Guru

Post by matt » Wed Sep 14, 2011 11:28 am

Hi, I just finished my test period with the Serrapeptase. I ate one pill a day, which might have been way too little but there was absolutely no effect what so ever. Considering that Serrapeptase is quite expensive I'm not continuing with this treatment.

Still, I wonder if there is ever going to be one sole treatment or if the treatment will be a "multi-treatment" with all sorts of different substances.

If someone has more positive results with Serrapeptase, I'm more than happy to hear!
davePT

Post by davePT » Sat Nov 05, 2011 7:50 pm

Hi Matt,
I read your post a while back and the articels you had links to. I have been taking serapeptase for two months with a multi-vitamin, and vitamin C. Im also really into fitness so at the same time two months ago I went on a strict diet of low-fat, very low-sugar, small and frequent meal portion type diet. After one month of taking 2 pills 2x/day I felt like there was significant decrease in size and appearance. I like most others know exactly how big my lipomas are and how they look in the mirror, especially at the gym. I am convinced there is something here worth looking into with the sera-peptase connection. The second month in which I am in know has not been the same at all. Two thought on this: 1. I wasnt able to keep up with the diet even close to what I should have been doing. 2 I think there is some kind of adaptation the body does to break down this enzyme more efficiently so I am thinking you may need to cycle on and off this stuff to sort of trick the body, I dont think you need to increase the dosage much more than what I was doing, I just took what it said on the label.

I remember feeling exctied a month ago with what I remember as an absolute change in the size.

I'm going to try this again after cycling off for a month and then getting really strict with the diet again. I hope some others can do the same. I can tell you the exact manufacturer I used.
victor
Regular
Number of lipomas: 11-30

Post by victor » Mon Nov 07, 2011 8:21 am

Dear @Matt, @davePT, @kayker
Could you all please provide the website you used to buy Serrapeptase ?

I really want to try this, the reason I am asking is to compare which one is effective.
matt
Lipoma Guru

Post by matt » Mon Nov 07, 2011 8:45 am

Hi there davePT!

Nice to hear you are having some success with Serrapeptase! Like you propably have read, I didn't notice too much difference after eating Serrapeptase for some weeks so I quit it. But I have since thought about getting back on it and your comment definitely courages me :)

victor, I buy pretty much all my natural products now from IHerb. Some I buy from local natural products store. Just search for Serrapeptase and you get many different products from which to choose from.

davePT, you seem to have taken a lot more of Serrapeptase than I did. How much do you have in one pill, international units?

I agree with you that there might be some adaptation thing going on with lipomas and products. I have my own opinions about what causes lipomas to adapt to different treatments.

Please keep us posted!
victor
Regular
Number of lipomas: 11-30

Post by victor » Mon Nov 07, 2011 9:04 am

Hi Dave, Thank you for the reply. IU / brand / dosage is some thing I am looking for and you gave me all info.
davePT

Post by davePT » Sat Dec 24, 2011 9:38 am

Hi Matt,
The serapeptase I use is from "Source Natural", its enteric coated so it can be absorbed better, I get it from a local helath food store, its $35 per 120 capsules. A serving wihich is 2 pills or 1gt(im not familiar with what 1gt means) ("contains a minimum of 120,000 serrapeptase units"). So as I was saying before about cycling on and off. I am cycling off of the serapeptase for the next 2 months and will just stick to the low-fat, low-sugar, high protein diet, the same diet I was on when I noticed the change. Just want to see if I feel the same change without the serrapeptase and just with the dieting and excercising. This may be the case.
matt
Lipoma Guru

Post by matt » Tue Dec 27, 2011 9:32 am

Ok, cool, keep us posted!
SteVECaRliTo
Junior
Number of lipomas: 1

Post by SteVECaRliTo » Sat Jan 21, 2012 7:33 am

I started taking two 100 000 IU per day. The pills have a coating so they should pass stomach and dissolve from my bowel. The can says I should only take one per day but I'm a big man so I think I'll continue with two per day. So far I haven't noticed any change but I think if I mix different treatments it might be beneficial after some time.
SteVECaRliTo

Post by 251152 » Wed Feb 08, 2012 9:31 pm

Hello all,

I am 24 years old and have about 30+ of those damn things. I am really determined to do whatever it takes to get rid of them. I tried cutting out two, but it takes a very long time to heal and I don't even know if the red scars are going to whiten eventually or not (doctor says yes but that doesn't sound very reassuring). I've decided to look for an internal chemical/biological way to eliminate lipomas, otherwise, if I decide to cut all of them, I'm going to look like I've fought with the lawn mower and it's not even an option since they keep appearing more and more every month.
I stumbled across serrapeptase enzyme while looking for a solution. As I read here, Kayker and DavePT had some results, that's a very good news for me (also glad for you guys).
Could you please pin point to the exact product you used, I am contemplating on trying it out as well.

Thank you in advance and keep up the fight!
matt
Lipoma Guru

Post by matt » Thu Feb 09, 2012 7:37 am

Amazon.com WidgetsHey there! The scars do eventually fade but like you said it takes a long time. In my case one scar in the frontside of thigh has taken ca. 5 years to heal and it's still reddish and very visible.

On the other hans the scars in the sides of my thighs have healed very well and are faded almost completely.

So the position of the scar as well as individual properties determine how bad will it look in the end.

In any case I would rather go to somekind of liposuction operation with my 100+ lipomas than have them surgically removed one by one.

Of course - like you said - the best option would be a non-invasive removal method.

Post by 251152 » Mon Feb 13, 2012 3:45 pm

Thank you for the reply matt, I do hope they're gonna fade, otherwise I pretty much wasted the money cause those two didn't restrict any movement, it was just a cosmetic issue.

Concerning liposuction, I heard that there is a huge chance of them regrowing since it might not remove the whole tissue.. never tried it though so cannot really say how effective it is.

Have you tried Serrapeptase phase again or you are trying out other options for now?

I am still waiting for the reply to get the exact same product as Kayker or DavePT.. meanwhile I don't really know what to try.. I heard apricot seeds don't make them disappear, just soften the tissue, so I'm not very motivated to try those since there were no desired effects reported yet.