Liquefying Lipomas With Sound Waves

What treatments are you having success with? Discuss diet, detoxification, alternative treatments, and anything else! This is also the place for the ongoing discussion of liposuction and other surgical techniques.

Moderator: matt

matt
Lipoma Guru
Number of lipomas: 61-100

Liquefying Lipomas With Sound Waves

Post by matt » Mon Feb 08, 2016 12:55 pm

This is not a very new method per se but I think they are becoming more efficient with the method. Some researchers have destroyed tumors by using sound waves to liquefy them. The great thing is that they are capable of targeting just the tumor cells and leave the healthy cells alone.

Additionally, the technique in question, known as histotripsy, uses ultrasound to mechanically destroy cancerous or other targeted tissues. This is different from the traditional ultrasound therapy, which destroys tissues by using heat.
In histotripsy, ultrasound-induced vibration leads to the production of bubbles formed from dissolved gases. If the vibration continues at high enough intensities, the bubbles eventually collapse, release a shock wave that can completely liquefy cells. A series of these collapses (known as inertial cavitation) can destroy a vast section of tissue, such as a tumor. Scientists can accelerate the process by injecting microbubbles into the tissue before the procedure. Source
Unfortunately, as many times before, the article says nothing about the cost or the availability of the treatment.
Hi I'm Matt - the creator and owner of this site. I have dozens of small nasty lipomas all over. I've tried many treatments including surgery and Lipostabil injections. See my lipoma prevention supplement recommendations and please consider donating a small amount via PayPal (click the Donate button) to keep this site up and running. Thx!
Master Member

Re: Liquefying Lipomas With Sound Waves

Post by 251152 » Sun Feb 14, 2016 1:35 am

While it's nice to hear something like this may exist, without the actual thing itself and it's availability/price/portability, it doesn't do us much good.
Anyway, thanks for sharing, maybe in time something tangible will appear
/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\
\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/
ANDRES
Regular
Number of lipomas: 100+

Re: Liquefying Lipomas With Sound Waves

Post by ANDRES » Wed Mar 09, 2016 9:04 pm

Hi all.

Some time ago I wrote on ultrasound and cavitation. At least for years in many clinics in Spain they told me that ultrasound could not break the lipoma, having fibrous part or be encapsulated. And because the machines did not have enough power at the time.

I hope that this variation of ultrasound to work.