My test of Pomaway's ingredients

What treatments are you having success with? Discuss diet, detoxification, alternative treatments, and anything else! This is also the place for the ongoing discussion of liposuction and other surgical techniques.

Moderator: matt

unvictorious
Regular

My test of Pomaway's ingredients

Post by unvictorious » Tue Mar 06, 2012 2:40 am

I just received my containers of Apple Boost powder, so I will begin my test of Pomaway's ingredients starting today. The Apple Boost powder actually shipped from Quebec here in Canada, so it arrived fast, in one week. 1 container is 184 grams. The recommended serving size is 3 full scoops per day and each scoop is 1.5 grams. I did not receive my order of Lactase, but was able to find a bottle of 9000 FCC units per pill so I can start my test ASAP.

My plan is to take the ingredients based on Darryl's recommendation as well as the serving size of the ingredients that I have.

I will split into 3 equal dosages per day, making sure to take the dosages without dairy as per Darryl's recommendation.

Lactase Enzyme 9,000-10,000 per capsule. I will take 2 capsules per dosage for 6 capsules per day. A total of 54,000 - 60,000 FCC Units per day. I have read there is no known side effects or overdose of lactase so I am not concerned with taking this dosage.

1 scoop (1.5g) for each dosage 3 times per day. A total of 4.5 grams per day. (Apple Boosts suggested daily serving)

I will report any side effects, or changes in the size or structure of the lipomas if they occur. Darryl mentioned that the Lipomas seem to break apart as they begin to shrink, that would be quite a noticeable effect.

I wont be updating this constantly with imaginary changes, likely only once a month unless something very noticeable occurs. I will also answer any questions people might have about the ingredients or effects.

Darryl, if you have any other recommendations, feel free to let me know.

Good luck to everyone and I hope I have good results to report.
Last edited by unvictorious on Sun May 06, 2012 4:26 pm, edited 3 times in total.
darryl
Number of lipomas: 2-10

Re: My test of Pomaway's ingredients

Post by darryl » Tue Mar 06, 2012 3:54 am

If you can mix the lactase with the apple peel powder, I believe it may help the hydrolysis into phloretin (assuming my theory is correct). Eat apples too. I've seen other research that suggests that some of the other phytochemicals in apples may be contributing factors.

Good luck!
Darryl
unvictorious
Regular

Post by unvictorious » Tue Mar 06, 2012 4:24 am

darryl wrote:If you can mix the lactase with the apple peel powder, I believe it may help the hydrolysis into phloretin (assuming my theory is correct). Eat apples too. I've seen other research that suggests that some of the other phytochemicals in apples may be contributing factors.

Good luck!
Darryl
I will open the capsules and add it directly to the apple peal powder when I take it.

Thanks.
matt
Lipoma Guru
Number of lipomas: 61-100

Post by matt » Tue Mar 06, 2012 7:41 am

Great, thanks for starting your own thread about it!

So did you order your apple peel powder from AppleBoost.com?

May the Force be with you unvictorious!

(yes, I'm a nerdy Star Wars fan) 8-)
Hi I'm Matt - the creator and owner of this site. I have dozens of small nasty lipomas all over. I've tried many treatments including surgery and Lipostabil injections. See my lipoma prevention supplement recommendations and please consider donating a small amount via PayPal (click the Donate button) to keep this site up and running. Thx!
unvictorious
Regular

Post by unvictorious » Tue Mar 06, 2012 4:13 pm

matt wrote:Great, thanks for starting your own thread about it!

So did you order your apple peel powder from AppleBoost.com?

May the Force be with you unvictorious!

(yes, I'm a nerdy Star Wars fan) 8-)
Yes I did order from Appleboost.com. I could not find it to order elsewhere and it shipped within Canada, so that was pretty fast and convenient for me.
sjohn

Post by sjohn » Tue Mar 06, 2012 5:02 pm

Apple Boost states:
Every serving of AppleBoost applesauce contains 2.8 grams of dried apple peel powder (DAPP), the equivalent of the peel from two fresh apples.
here

So 4,5 grams of apple peel powder is approx equivalent to the peel of 3,2 apples according to them.

According to Jeanelle Boyer and Rui Hai Liu review the apple variety which has the most phenolic content is Fuji ( review found here, Page 11 of 15, fig 3).

So, basically, all you need to do is to buy some organic Fuji apples, peel them and then process the peel in a food processor to make digesting it easier.Do not boil, put into oven or use any other kind of thermal processing on the peels. Lactase can be bought from like everywhere.

Net weight of one container is 184 grams equivalent to 131 apples and with an average apple weight being 150 grams we are talking about 19-20 kilograms of apples.

Well you might not be able to order from them in the EU but you can certainly buy some Fuji apples and try!
kingluca82

Post by kingluca82 » Tue Mar 06, 2012 6:16 pm

What about eat all the apple and not only the peel?
In Italy there is a proverb that say something like...

-AN APPLE A DAY,TAKE THE DOCTOR AWAY-

131 Apples make us immortal? :shock: :D
sjohn

Post by sjohn » Tue Mar 06, 2012 7:32 pm

131 Apples make us immortal? :shock: :D
Hell no! I was merely trying to make a quantitative comparison between the product from Apple Boost and an equivalent in whole apples, so that people with no access to these kind of products can do a similar test themselves.

By the way, eating the whole apple is the same, but 1. not many people like eating 3 apples a day 2. you have to chew the peel really well so it's easier to consume it mechanically processed.
apple

Post by apple » Tue Mar 06, 2012 11:53 pm

Be careful of this Apple peel cure. The phlorizin in apple peel is known to cause diabetes. Diabetes is number 1 incurable deasese in the world. People can do some permenant damage to themselves by taking apple peel. Read the link below to understand the side effects of taking apple peel:

http://clinical.diabetesjournals.org/co ... 8/1/5.full
unvictorious
Regular

Post by unvictorious » Wed Mar 07, 2012 12:17 am

apple wrote:Be careful of this Apple peel cure. The phlorizin in apple peel is known to cause diabetes. Diabetes is number 1 incurable deasese in the world. People can do some permenant damage to themselves by taking apple peel. Read the link below to understand the side effects of taking apple peel:

Actually I have read that eating apple peels can actually lower high blood sugar and reduce diabetes and have read nothing but positive effects apple peels have on diabetes as well as possibly providing many other health benefits. It does not say anything about apple peels causing diabetes or being dangerous in that article at all.

Eating a few grams per day of apple peels will not cause diabetes and is perfectly healthy.
sjohn

Post by sjohn » Wed Mar 07, 2012 12:30 am

apple wrote:Be careful of this Apple peel cure. The phlorizin in apple peel is known to cause diabetes. Diabetes is number 1 incurable deasese in the world. People can do some permenant damage to themselves by taking apple peel. Read the link below to understand the side effects of taking apple peel:

Apple, do you imply that this review is promoting substances known to cause diabetes number 1? Do you also imply that Jeanelle Boyer and Rui Hai Liu published research about apple peel promoting aple eating to millions of diabetic people via the press without taking into account controversial studies? Perhaps it would be wise in your part to take action and contact Cornell University to warn them about this controversy.

Have you read the article that you suggest us to read? Perhaps you can save us the trouble reading it and take a minute to explain in detail.
matt
Lipoma Guru

Post by matt » Wed Mar 07, 2012 11:24 am

I found that another apple breed might be more potent:
...apple juice [42] and apple fruit [43] have been shown to contain phlorizin. Apple peels contain 12 to 418 mg/kg phlorizin,
while apple pulp contains 4 to 20 mg/kg, with Golden Delicious containing the lowest concentration and Reineta Green the highest concentration of phlorizin. These observations demonstrate that phlorizin is a naturally occurring constituent of the human diet.
It also states:
Phlorizin has been traditionally labeled as a toxic compound, as glycosuria is thought to represent a toxic effect. Chronic phlorizin administration is also reported to produce ‘hypertrophy of the kidneys,’ but primary reference to data demonstrating this has not been found.
Its unique pharmacologic properties, record of safe administration to humans, and constituent of the human diet make phlorizin a potential ‘natural remedy’ awaiting application. Potential and investigational uses for phlorizin include the adjuvant treatment of type 2 diabetes, as a weight loss agent for obesity, and in the acute management of hyperglycemia. Phlorizin’s ability to reverse glucotoxicity and to lower blood glucose without producing weight gain suggests a role in the treatment of type 2 diabetes. Its ability to block intestinal glucose absorption and renal glucose resorption, with consequent caloric loss, will resumably result in weight loss, making phlorizin a potential therapy for obesity. It’s ability to lower blood sugar without the risk of associated hypoglycemia and fluid retention make it a potentially attractive alternative for the treatment of stress hyperglycemia associated with acute illness.
http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1002/dmrr.532/pdf
Hi I'm Matt - the creator and owner of this site. I have dozens of small nasty lipomas all over. I've tried many treatments including surgery and Lipostabil injections. See my lipoma prevention supplement recommendations and please consider donating a small amount via PayPal (click the Donate button) to keep this site up and running. Thx!
sjohn

Post by sjohn » Wed Mar 07, 2012 1:08 pm

You're propably refering to this study but bear in mind that they compared only 4 variety of apples (Golden and Red Delicious, Granny Smith and Green Reineta). Also i noticed that Green Reineta variety is absent from this review. Perhaps we can compare different studies and reach something more conclusive, cause there seems to be enough controversy.

EDIT: I believe we should discuss this in a new thread.
Last edited by sjohn on Wed Mar 07, 2012 1:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
jacfive
Junior

Post by jacfive » Wed Mar 07, 2012 1:18 pm

matt wrote:I found that another apple breed might be more potent
So I guess it is much better to eat whole apples than just the peel? If the concentration of phlorizin is only ~10 times or so higher than in the pulp, while the weight of the pulp is I'm guessing at least 100 times the weight of the peel.
kingluca82

Post by kingluca82 » Wed Mar 28, 2012 2:05 pm

So guys...
For everyone that want to try Darryl's cure but can't buy apple peel from Apple boost...
You can:

-Eat at least 3 apples per day(better if it's Fuji,because it contain more phloretin)

-Buy lactase in capsule(better if one capsule is near 10000 FCC) 2x3 times a day for a total of 60000 FCC

I have found this site for everyone are in EU to buy lactase(12000 FCC for capsule)that is locate in Germany so we haven't to pay fees every time we make an order...
Euro 24,23 for 120 capsule
check it out!!! ;)
kingluca82

Post by kingluca82 » Wed Mar 28, 2012 2:46 pm

jacfive
Junior

Post by jacfive » Wed Mar 28, 2012 2:54 pm

I've ordered lactase from here:
http://www.biovea.com/uk/product_detail ... 008&OS=204

180 capsules for 30€

If you order 2 (360 capsules) the shipping is free (within EU i guess). The only problem with Biovea is that it usually takes ages before you get your items. I usually had to wait for almost two weeks (I live in EU).

I'm currently on the apple/lactase diet for about 3 weeks and I will be happy to report if I notice any changes.
Durable
Regular

Post by Durable » Wed Mar 28, 2012 3:16 pm

hi,
i just placed a order with pomaway, gonna get it sent to sweden,

Darryl, i want to be part of the trial period, to get the discount in the future,

as i understand the capsules are good to go. mixed and ready to be eaten, are the instructions on the bottles`?
unvictorious
Regular

Post by unvictorious » Thu Apr 05, 2012 5:29 pm

It is about the 1 month mark since I started testing Pomaway's ingredients. I have missed no dosages and have stuck to the amounts I stated in the opening post. My test is not very scientific, I have not measured my lipomas and will not report any changes unless they are extremely noticeable. I think it is pretty difficult to accurately measure a change from 1 month to the next. like I said, I have fairly prominent lipomas and will notice changes in visual size as well as the feel fairly quickly if it occurs.

I have not seen any noticable changes in Lipoma's yet, and based on what Darryl said, should not really expect to see much changes in only 1 month. I have not experienced any negative side effects at all. The Apple Peel powder sure doesn't like mixing well with other liquids but have found a way to get it down.

I didn't really expect to have much to say about the treatment only 1 month in, but wanted people to know that I have continued to take the ingredients and plan to go 4-6 months to come to some type of conclusion.
matt
Lipoma Guru

Post by matt » Fri Apr 06, 2012 9:20 am

Thanks for the update unvictorious! I'm sure many will appreciate your independent testing.