What is Unique about us?
So what I think it isn't:
- Alochol: I come from a state in India where alcohol is prohibited. The first time I had alcohol was like when I was 20 years old and that too just limited wine and goan feni. Even as of today .. I average like one drink a week.
- Sex: I think I noticed lipomas the first time ... like tiny dots under the skin ... when I was about 18 years old .. and I know this was certainly not the cause
- Fatty foods / Cheese: Cheese wasn't popular in India when I was growing up and I hardly had cheese till I moved to US ... at age of 25.
- Non-Veg / Meat: Though I eat meat .. it wasn't till I moved to US that I started consuming it more often ... growing up, I didn't each much meat .. maybe like twice a month. Also in India the meat you get is not processed .. straight from the butcher's shop.
- Tobacco: I never had a smoke till about age of 24 .. and that too was just for heck of trying it.
- Recreational drugs: never had.
Other unique things about me that could have caused this:
- I had this habit of eating cloves .. I ate like 10 - 15 clove buds everyday when in middle through high school.
- I had severe acid reflux problem.
- probably above caused severe throat infections. Doctors would prescribe something ... and because that time the medicines were given by doctor .. I wouldn't know what it was! This was a chronic problem for me ... at times I would be down every other week .. till I went to this Doctor .. his one day dose would cure me! I am wondering if one of the 6-7 pills he gave me was a steroid!
- I loved sweets and ate lot of them growing up ... these were Indian sweets ... not candies or cookies.
- I loved this bread from a local bakery ... I think it had a bit more of ammonia than probably was allowed.
So this is what I can think up for now .. my father has just two ... so could it be hereditary? maybe .. but I don't know any of uncles or cousins who got this gift!
Other than this .. had a great childhood ... stress free ... success .. etc. Regular diet that any other kid would have .. and growing up in India at that time ... there was nothing organic or such .. everything was organic and fresh .. no monsanto crap ... home cooked food most of the time.
I want to request other members to provide outlines like these and maybe there is something common and unique ...
for now my strongest belief is Steroids.