What Causes Lipomas
About Me, Matt
Lipoma Remedies
Lipoma Videos
What Is Lipoma
Lipoma Scarring
Lipomatosis Survey
On Facebook

multiple angiolipomatosis (attention please Moderator)

Familial multiple lipomatosis is a rare disease. With this condition you get multiple lipomas (dozens or hundreds) all over your body. Lipomas are usually encapsulated.

Moderator: matt

fatphobia

multiple angiolipomatosis (attention please Moderator)

Post by fatphobia » Wed Dec 14, 2011 10:32 am

I thought I had multiple lipomatotis. But all my fore arm lipomas were taken out and biopsy says all of them were angiolipomas, possible confirming the diagnosis of multiple angiolipomatosis.

It is different from regular multiple lipomatosis. One good thing about this is, it doesnt recur as much as regular multiple lipomatosis once its excised out.

There are 2 kinds of angiolipomas, very encapsulated, and non encapsulated.

Encapsulated ones are found in younger people, and non encapsulated ones are usually found in older people. These do multiply, but not in 100s or 500s like regular multiple lipomatosis as we get older.

Encapsulted ones are not painful, non encapsulated ones might get into skeletal muscles, but both of the kinds are different conditions. Mine were not painful at all.

http://www.ijdvl.com/article.asp?issn=0 ... last=Ghosh

I wonder why would a lipoma need blood vessel in it, and vascular structure. What is it trying to do?

I would request matt the moderator to classify multiple angiolipomatosis under the disease section.
sjohn

Re: multiple angiolipomatosis (attention please Moderator)

Post by sjohn » Wed Dec 14, 2011 3:32 pm

As far as i know lipomatosis can have different manifestations. The good thing about the angiolipomas is that (most of the time) they are very well encapsulated their growth stabilizes and reccurence after surgery is minimal because the lipoma is removed completely. We have discussed this issue many times in this board. The bad thing about angiolipomas is that they are like little marbles (not soft at all) and they are easily seen and felt. Btw Its better to think of multiple lipomatosis as a main group and the type of lipomas as a subgroup.

I believe the veins are used to feed the cells inside the lipoma otherwise they would die and might cause problems like septicemia. If oxygen does not reach inside the lipoma then the conditions will be anaerobic and pretty dangerous.
fatphobia

Post by fatphobia » Thu Dec 15, 2011 9:54 am

wow so thats why they need vascular structures. If thats the case, how come the regular lipoma without any vascular structure survives? Why does the body choose to create angiolipomas instead of regular lipomas. Im pretty sure there is some reason why we evolved to create these different kinds of lipomas.
matt
Lipoma Guru
Number of lipomas: 61-100

Post by matt » Wed Feb 29, 2012 5:34 pm

Hi there!

I have the understanding that pretty much all lipoma conditions are related to each other. I know not all agree with me.

But what comes to angiolipomas, I think they are just as ordinary lipomas but with more blood vessels streming into them.

Why? I don't know for sure but I think it's something to do with the tumor's ability to grow more blood vessels into it. All tumors have blood vessels in some degree but for some reason angiolipomas have more than ordinary lipomas.

Still, I personally wouldn't want to separate the two from each other.

If I had to take a guess, I'd say the tumor is secreting a hormone or something that gets the blood vessels growing. And yes, they grow to feed the tumor.

Last bumped by Anonymous on Wed Feb 29, 2012 5:34 pm.
Hi I'm Matt - the creator and owner of this site. I have dozens of small nasty lipomas all over. I've tried many treatments including surgery and Lipostabil injections. See my lipoma prevention supplement recommendations and please consider donating a small amount via PayPal (click the Donate button) to keep this site up and running. Thx!